KACHE (Kingston Annual Cache Hunt Event) is back!
All geocachers are welcome to participate! Join us for an evening of great company, great food, and great tales of fun and adventure!
Saturday October 24th, 2009 @ 6:00pm
For supper we will be meeting at Red East Buffet. Here you can have a bite to eat, chat with fellow cachers, exchange caching stories, travel bugs and hints to those impossible finds! Dinner will begin at 6:00pm. Feel free to drop in for a drink if you can't make it for dinner. Cachers of all ages are welcome.
There will prizes to give away!
Red East Buffet
(at the posted co-ordinates)
2774 Princess Street
(Kingston Annual Cache Hunt Event)
Part I - Place a Cache
If you would like to place a cache, specifically for the KACHE, may we make the following suggestions:
1. Between now and October 22, 2009, hide a cache in the Kingston and/or surrounding area. There are a few things you can do to help the cache reviewers with these hides.
2. Please do not wait until the last minute to place the cache and submit you listing. Give the reviewers plenty of time to review and post all caches.
3. When you submit the cache, be sure to leave a reviewer note stating, "Please do not publish until October 22. This is for 'THE KACHE 2' event."
4. Please help us with cache identification by beginning the cache name with K2. For example, if your cache is to be called "The Friendly Cacher", please call it "K2: The Friendly Cacher".
5. To remind the reviewers to hold publishing these caches until October 22, It is suggested that you also preface the cache title with "Oct 22:" (using the example above, it would be "Oct 22: K2: The Friendly Cacher"). Once the cache is published, you can edit the cache page and delete the Oct 22 from the title.
6. All caches placed for the event will be published on the Thursday evening so you can plan your routes and solve any puzzles.
On your cache page, clearly state that your cache cannot be logged until after 6:00pm, October 23rd 2009 and any logs before then will be deleted.
If you're placing a multi-cache and/or puzzle, be sure to use the "additional waypoints" feature on the cache creation page to allow reviewers quicker access to determining boundary limitations.
Part II - Caching
Geocachers participating in the caching part of the KACHE can head out to find as many caches as they would like to, from 6:00pm October 23rd until the start of the event at 6:00pm on October 24th.
We will try to have all the caches listed as a bookmark link on this page just prior to the event. To help with the bookmark list, please email mm_dancer the GC number of your submitted cache(s) that you would like to be published before the event.
Part III - Dinner
For dinner we will be meeting at Red East Buffet (the posted coordinates). Here you can have a bite to eat, chat with fellow cachers, exchange caching stories, travel bugs and hints to those impossible finds!
1. To keep in tune with the the theme of the event, caches that are "sequel" themed are encouraged. Whether it be a sequel to a previous cache, or an allusion to a film sequel title.
2. There will be a raffle for prizes for those who come to the event
3. There will be prizes awarded to those who hide caches for the event. There will be a prize raffle among everyone who placed a cache, as well as prizes for certain categories voted on by the cachers who attend the event. The more caches you put out for the event, the better chance you have of winning a prize.
4. There will be children orientated activites at the event, as well as prizes for children. If you are hiding a cache that is children friendly, and would like to help invovle the children, please let JonAndJaymee know and we will provide you with more information.
For more information Visit the Geocaching page using the following link. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d7002516-0a8e-41fc-afc0-c6e9031fe0c8&log=y