|Garmin improves OEM GPS 15, more compact design.|
|by Jesse Sampson on November 13, 2009 854 views
Garmin has just announced the launch a new line of OEM products. The GPS15x replaces the GPS15 OEM series. These updated OEM GPS sensors are smaller, faster, and updateable, to name a few improvements. They are perfect for integration into car navigation, wireless communication, asset tracking and other systems.
What are the exact improvements?
- CMOS voltage level interface for communication to an external UART
- Wider voltage input range 3 - 3.5VDC @ 66mA regulated (GPS 15x-w and GPS 15x-F)
- Onboard voltage regulator for the GPS 15xL and GPS 15xH
- Updateable firmware downloaded from Garmin website
- General size of a postage stamp
- Superior EMI/RFI performance so electrically noisy devices will not cause problems keeping design easier
- Programmable NMEA sentence selection