1. Go to www.garmin.com and navigate to the myGarmin tab (located in the menu bar at the top right).
2. Log in to your myGarmin account, using the previously chosen username and password combination.
To create a new account:
a) Select the create new account function located next to the Sign In section on the page.
b)Fill out the required information ex. Name, address, password....
c)Agree to the user agreement and select any of the subscriptions you want.
3. On the Home page, click on the Register link under the myProducts section.
4. Choose the correct category for your device.
**Note** The next page is strictly informational, and does not require any data to be entered. Click Continue.
5. First enter the products serial number into the required field. Click Submit.
6. Make sure that the unit name and serial number match your device. Click Next.
7. Connect the unit to your computer using the usb cable. The Garmin website will automatically recognize the unit, and will prompt you to continue if the serial number matches. Click next.
8. Your unit is now registered with www.garmin.com.
You will now have access to all the functions and features that come with having your own Garmin account. In case of any future warranty issues, the information kept on the myDashboard can be accessed from any computer with a internet connection.