Software version 3.00 for the Garmin GPSMAP 700 series is here! Customers have been asking for it and we are happy to announce a new firmware update available from www.garmin.com. Mariners can now overlay radar data directly on top of the chart, plus a whole lot more!
Please see the list below for highlights of the v3.00 software update.
The Garmin GPSMap 700 series plotters have set a new standard for affordability and ease of use in a touch screen plotter. Offering advanced features like BlueChart g2 Vision capability and NMEA 2000 connectivity, the Garmin GPSMap 700 series offers mariners all the technical features they need, at a price that won’t break the bank. And of course, like all Garmin products, a proven history of rugged
reliability, backed by excellent service and support.
Software v3.00 Highlights
- Added Radar Overlay display functionality – draws returns from a connected Garmin GMR radar over either a Navigation Chart or
Fishing Chart presentation. This feature is available as Charts Radar verlay or Radar > Radar Overlay. Garmin recommends using a magnetic heading sensor for the best Radar Overlay experience
- Added the option to overlay radar returns on 3D charts
- Added ability to measure distances on radar displays in the same way this can be done on 2D charts
- Corrected an issue where changing the system units would result in inaccurate radar range ring measurements (Range ring
measurement accuracy would be restored following a power cycle)
- Added support for TOPO maps
- Added a depth log to the Sonar functions
- Added Pic Advance control to Sonar Setup menu, which allows the scrolling sonar picture to advance faster by drawing multiple
columns on the screen for each sounding returned
- Added Label Devices under NMEA 2000 Setup which will allow labeling of NMEA 2000 engines and tanks with pre-defined names
- Added analog display options for tank levels, rudder angle, trim tabs, bow tabs, and engine trim
- Added option to display individual engine fuel flow rate and fuel economy numbers on the Numbers dashboard gauges page and in
- Incorporated higher-resolution system fonts for improved presentation and readability
- Improved weather drawing performance