Today, there is a special 'Take something, leave nothing' cache being held in Minnesota. The 8th Anniversary of CITO in MN is being held by Centris.
This Cache In Trash Out (CITO) is different than normal events. Instead of all getting together as a group, people are encouraged to chose their own area for the CITO. Also, if today doesn't work then you can pick your own day. Here are the rules:
1. Find a place anywhere in Minnesota that is in some need of cleaning up. This can be a public park, a trail, a road or a cache site. Clean up the area for a minimum half an hour or a half a mile of trail. If there is not enough trash in one area, combine 2 or 3 areas.
2. Post the coordinates of your clean up effort or include the name of the park, street or cache area in your log. Report the time you spent there.>p>3. Post a description of your activity and who has involved if you were in a group. If you have a digital camera, post photos of the area and/or your found items.
4. **If you encounter an area that needs extra efforts and extra hands please consider hosting a CITO event there.**
5. Since this is an event cache, choose "attended" or "found it" to receive cache credit. One "find" per cacher is allowed every month. If you do CITO and don't want to add to your stats - choose "post a note" instead.
6. Keep posting what you do on this page - it is important to maintain an environmentally friendly image to our sport and do everything we can to keep our parks and cache sites nice.
Original article by: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?.