|Introducing the SPOT Connect Beacon|
|by Rebecca Pearson on March 25, 2011 3086 views
Perfect for people who prefer to remain off the grid but in touch with family and friends, the SPOT Connect Beacon turns the average smartphone into a satellite communicator. When connected, users can send both messages and GPS coordinates from almost anywhere on Earth.
The SPOT Connect Beacon offers a variety of features that make it unique from other devices, including:
- Sending a message from virtually anywhere via satellite.
- Typing a 41 character custom message or using a 120 character prewritten standard messages.
- Tracking progress on Google Maps or SPOT Adventures page
- Connecting to Facebook and Twitter.
- Saving up to 10 contacts to message via SMS and email.
- A smartphone app for operation and detailed status.
- SOS button to request emergency assistance. The request is sent every 5 minutes until cancelled or the batteries die.
While most of these features are included in your standard plan, some do require additional service.
Related Items: SPOT Connect Beacon, SPOT Spot 2 Satellite GPS Messenger, SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger