Last week, Garmin released a beta version of their BaseCamp 3.2. The company introduced the software in their Garmin Forums to encourage users to provide feedback. Since BaseCamp 3.2 is a beta version, Garmin warns users that it is an incomplete product and still undergoing extensive testing. Therefore, users are cautioned to test the software at their own risk.
If interested in testing BaseCamp 3.2, download the beta version here.
Notes and Changes for BaseCamp 3.2 beta version:
- Please backup your existing data from BC 3.1 before running the beta.
- The beta build requires you to allow Garmin to collect statistics on how you use BaseCamp to help us improve the application. This will be optional for the release of BaseCamp 3.2, but it is a required condition for using the beta.
- We know that routing (especially long routes) have issues. We are working on the issue.
- Activity profiles are still a work in progress, in particular migrating existing routing options.
- We have had intermittent success testing BirdsEye Select because of some oddities with the servers. Please let us know your experience.
- Moved the various property tabs to a separate dialog
- Added swapping the map and data list UI regions
- Added activity profiles to allow easier changes between common routing configurations
- Added geocache search integration with OpenCaching.com
- Added photo sharing site upload (currently for Picasa)
- Added track statistics that correspond to the selection in the track points list
- Added additional statistics to the elevation profile
- Added display of elevation profile when batch editing routes or tracks
- Added heart rate and cadence to the track points list and elevation profile
- Added route to track conversion
- Added display mode for geocaches
- Added the "Duplicate" menu item for most user data types
- Added continuation of route/track drawing when switching between tools
- Added route avoidance checkboxes to the route options (such as "Avoid U-turns")
- Added a basic dialog for creating routes
- Added draw order control for new BirdsEye Imagery that is downloaded
- Added user selection of application language (the beta is English only, so this doesn't have much of an impact yet)
- Added option to restore the application to default settings
- Added tips dialog when entering full screen mode
- Added a keyboard shortcut to snap the map back to North up
- Added file import/export support for the TCX file format.
- Added file export support for tab-delimited and comma-delimited text
- Added properties and create waypoint commands to the list of POIs that is displayed when hovering on the map
- Added optional collection of analytics to help us improve the application
- Added display of the detailed coverage region of card/device based maps
- Added notification to user when updates are available for devices
- Added receiving FIT course points and activity data from many fitness devices. These are converted into waypoints and tracks.
- Changed geotagging photos from a track to add links to those photos in the track
- Changed to not allow changing the location of geocaches when they are part of a route
- Changed the divide tool to create a new waypoint or trackpoint at the division point
- Fixed issue where we didn't always remove all waypoints created as part of a route
Original article by: https://forums.garmin.com/index.php.