Yesterday, February 23, 2012, Garmin released the first firmware update for the Forerunner 910XT. While the update didn’t add any new features, software version 2.40 targeted bugs found by customers and during testing. The following issues were fixed:
- Interface freezing while swimming in a pool
- Dropout of speed and cadence data when pairing the cadence sensor with certain power meters
- Pace data not calculating instantly
- If multisport data included swimming, the data would not properly upload to Garmin Connect
- Elevation spikes at the beginning of a workout
To get these updates on your Forerunner 910XT, you must meet the following system requirements: PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system, PowerPC/Intel-based Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later, Garmin Communicator Plugin, and Garmin ANT Agent.
For instructions on how to update the firmware on your Forerunner 910XT, follow the step-by-step instructions on Garmin's website.