|New Updates to Geocaching App for Android Users|
|by Nicole Marshall on November 1, 2012 1088 views
As many concerns had been brought to light in the last version of the Groundspeak Geocaching app, the Seattle-based company has recently released a version 2.5 for Android users. They are promoting a list of improvements and repairs to the 4-star rated app.
- Added smileys on the map view to easily identify your friends
- Easily create a geocaching.com account from your phone
- Login with your Facebook account
- Access to all additional waypoint information
- Your trackable inventory now shows the Trackable Number in addition to the TB code
- The compass screen updates the distance to a waypoint
- Advanced Search sorts by search location rather than current location
- Also more minor bug fixes...
After the update was released about one week ago, the reviews came pouring onto Google Play. Most being extremely positive and happy of the fixes; however, there were still a few concerns on not being able to enter your own coordinates, mystery caches not showing, freezing of the app and not displaying found caches.
The app is available in the Google Play store for $9.99.