Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more DeLorme items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the inReach Auxiliary Power Adapter. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
DeLorme inReach Auxiliary Power Adapter? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
What's Included In The Box?
|The DeLorme inReach Auxiliary Power Adapter ships with the following items included:|
- DeLorme inReach Auxiliary Power Adapter
||November 8, 2010
||November 8, 2010
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the DeLorme inReach Auxiliary Power Adapter in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the DeLorme inReach Auxiliary Power Adapter.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the DeLorme inReach Auxiliary Power Adapter.
Designed especially for inReach, DeLorme's Auxiliary Power Adapter conserves batteries and maintains power to the device when traveling by aircraft, boat or automobile.
InReach is reconfigurable to work with battery power. To run the device on battery power, simply detach the power adapter and replace with two AA batteries and the original InReach base.
CAUTION: If the power source is lost and your inReach device has not been converted to operate on batteries, the device will not function. Always plan for emergencies and have at least 2 AA batteries available for use.
Keep your inReach device powered wherever you go, and however you get there.
Auxiliary Power Adapter features:
Built-in Electrical Protection features:
- Connects to standard 12V cigarette lighter outlet for quick and easy installation
- Integrates with the ruggedized design of inReach
- Configured for maximum performance when used with DeLorme's custom firmware upgrade for the inReach device
- Wide input voltage (10V-30V) to support automotive, marine and aviation users
- 36 cm (~14") coiled cable, 2 meters (~78") uncoiled
Maintain consistent power to your inReach device and experience all the features of this two-way satellite communication solution, including:
- Over Current Protection
- Input Surge Voltage Protection up to 40V
- Reverse Voltage Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
Use the APA with inReach for:
- inReach Messages - pre-loaded messages, sent using the inReach pushbutton interface
- Free-form Text Messaging - when inReach is wirelessly paired with a smart mobile device
- Follow-Me Tracking - allow trip tracking at the online MapShare page, showing user's location at pre-determined intervals
- Find-Me Locating - enables anyone following a user's trip to "ping" the device and see their location
- MapShare - online portal displays user's location on worldwide DeLorme topographic maps
- SOS Alerting - with delivery confirmation and automatic remote GPS activation
- Compact, lightweight, waterproof (IPX7 rating), buoyant and impact-resistant
- Maintain consistent power source for reliable inReach flight tracking in as low as two-minute intervals
- Portable and externally powered, not hardwired into the aircraft, so it's considered "carry-on equipment"
- Can remain plugged into the aircraft to automatically turn on via aircraft master power switch with aviation data plan
- Plugs directly into boat for continual power
Ideal for day-long cruises, extended voyages and remote fishing expeditions beyond traditional cellular coverage
- Sustain power in destinations off-the-beaten-path
- Plug-in, set and go for hands-free tracking via inReach device
- Keep powering the device even in difficult GPS environments
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
Yampol, May 23/13
|tons of products, great prices...and videos! Thanks|
Timothy K. FL, May 22/13
|Wow, the manufacturers could learn a few things from GPS City! Thoroughly enjoyed the extensive video tutorials and comparisons. I really hope I am as happy with this product as I am with the buying experience at GPS City!|
Wayne S. TN, May 19/13
|excellent phone support and informative web site|
ken w. UT, May 14/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|RAM Mounts referred, thanks!|
Diana C. CO, May 13/13