Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Garmin items.
This item is not available for purchase.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the CD 24K Topo East v2. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin CD 24K Topo East v2? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
||February 13, 2003
||December 11, 2003
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin CD 24K Topo East v2 in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin CD 24K Topo East v2.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Garmin CD 24K Topo East v2.
Garmin Topographic 100K USA CD
Garmin CD 24K Topo West v2
Garmin CD 24K Topo East v2
Garmin CD 24K Topo Central v3
| || |
The new Garmin MapSource 24K TOPO National parks series of CD-ROMs - is designed to provide interactive viewing of detailed topographic maps. 24K TOPO is vector-based and provides outdoor enthusiasts with innovative object oriented-cartography. Descriptive details for features typically found on topographic maps can easily be viewed with a simple key press. Cursor movements over the map provide descriptions for topographic contours, trail names, summit elevations, points of interest information and much more.
As with all Garmin MapSource software, you can pre-plan daily adventures from the comfort of your own home, using the MapSource on the PC. You can then download waypoints, routes, and tracks to your compatible Garmin GPS, including units that don't accept map data!
The new cartography will provide recreational backpackers, experienced and novice hikers alike, and general outdoor enthusiasts with terrific topographic detail needed for their journeys. The topographic data is comparable to the 1:24,000 scale paper maps provided by the United States Geological Survey, which is the most detailed topographic data available.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
CD 24K Topo East v2 features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
• 3 Different CD-ROMs - Western Region, Eastern Region and Central Region
• Coverage of major National Parks, some National Forests, some state parks, etc.
• CD-ROMs are not locked - full access to coverage shown on each CD
• User selectable coverage by quad, including quad names for easy correlation to your paper map reference
• Vector-based cartography - which provides an object-orientated view of the data. Simply point to a feature on the map and the attributes appear - such as elevation, points of interest, trail numbers, etc.
• Searchable points of interest
• Routable trails
• Vector-based maps - consumes less memory
• Park amenities including: visitor's center, camping and picnic areas, wilderness campsites, scenic overlooks, ranger stations, restrooms, boat ramps, restaurants, lodges
• Summit elevations/peaks
• Vertical profile of trails or routes (free upgrade of via Garmin's website when available)
• Will allow transfer of waypoints, routes and tracks, even from those Garmin units that don't accept map data. This will enable the user to back up their journeys on the PC, see where they've been, and plan out future excursions!
East: (AL, CT, DE, Fl, GA, IN, KY, MA, ME, MI, MS, NC, NH, NJ, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VA, VT, WV)
• Big Cypress National Preserve
• Biscayne National Park
• Dry Tortugas National Park
• Everglades National Park
• Ocala National Forest
• Chattahoochee National Forest
• Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
• Mammoth Cave National Park
• Cape Cod National Seashore
• Appalachian National Scenic Trail
• Acadia National Park
• Baxter State Park
• Isle Royale National Park
• Cape Hatteras National Seashore
• Cape Lookout National Seashore
• Nantahala National Forest
• White Mountain National Forest
• Adirondack State Park
• Cuyahoga Valley National Park
• Allegheny National Forest
• Congaree Swamp National Monument
• Great Smoky Mountains National Park
• Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area
• Shenandoah National Park
• Green Mountain National Forest
• New River Gorge National River
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|Always wonderful service! Simply the best|
Chuck S., May 23/13
Yampol, May 23/13
|You Guys Rock! Got what I wanted, great video's, and free shipping!|
Willard W. LA, May 21/13
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13