Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the GPSMAP 178 Int Ant. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 178 Int Ant? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
What's Included In The Box?
|The Garmin GPSMAP 178 Int Ant ships with the following items included:|
- GPSMAP 178 Sounder
- Internal Antenna
- Garmin GPSMAP 178 Power and Data Cable (View this item)
- Garmin GPSMAP 172 and 178C Swivel Mount (View this item)
- Users Manual
- Quick Start Guide
||January 6, 2005
||December 22, 2004
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 178 Int Ant in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 178 Int Ant.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Garmin GPSMAP 178 Int Ant.
Garmin GPSMAP 178 Int Ant
Garmin GPSMAP 178 Int Ant Single-Trans
Garmin GPSMAP 178 Int Ant Dual-Trans
| || || |
Garmin GPSMAP 178 Ext Ant
Garmin GPSMAP 178 Ext Ant Single-Trans
Garmin GPSMAP 178 Ext Ant Dual-Trans
| || || |
The GPSMAP 178 has everything you need in one space-saving package - GPS navigation, marine chartplotting, and powerful sonar. This combination chartplotter/sounder includes the same user-friendly interface as its color counterpart, the GPSMAP 178C, but sports a high-resolution monochrome display and a price that's within any mariner's budget.
The GPSMAP 178 packs a built-in worldwide marine basemap, state-of-the art processor with lightening-fast map redraw, and crisp, sunlight readable, 10-level grayscale display into a waterproof, space-saving console - perfect for large crafts and small runabouts alike. Boaters will love its convenient, intuitive design including:
- simple keypad with backlighting for easy operation
- one knob, adjustable tilt and swivel mount so you can quickly pop it in and out
- front loading data cards for easy access
Users can enhance basemap detail on the GPSMAP 178 by simply plugging in data cards preprogrammed with BlueChart or Fishing Hot Spots detail or downloading data from optional MapSource CDs to an optional Garmin data card. BlueChart provides exceptional offshore marine coverage that includes shaded depth contours, navaids, shoreline, and more. For inland boating and fishing, the U.S. Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots CD & preprogrammed data cards are packed with inland lake maps, profiles, marinas, fishing areas and useful outdoor resources.
The GPSMAP 178 with internal antenna is available in three different packages. Either without a transducer so you can add your own, with a single-frequency transducer or dual-frequency transducer making it the perfect companion for offshore or inland lake fishing. Boaters can choose dedicated full-screen map, full-screen sonar, split-screen map/sonar, compass, and navigational screens - with customizable digital data fields for each page.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 178 Int Ant features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
• Includes an Internal Antenna
• 320 x 320-pixel, high-resolution, 10-level gray-scale FSTN LCD screen with adjustable CCFL backlight
• 3.2" W x 3.2" H (4.5" diagonal) viewing area
• 6.3" x 4.9" x 2.8 " (W x H x D) unit dimensions
• State-of-the-art 200 MHz processor makes map redraw, panning, and zooming virtually instantaneous
• Accepts Garmin data cards for up to 128 MB of map storage
• WAAS-enabled for accuracy to within 3 meters
• Choose either a dual-frequency 50/200 kHz transducer for offshore boating or a single-frequency 200 kHz transducer for inland lakes and bays
• See-Thru technology (which separates fish from thermoclines and structure) and Depth Control Gain (DCG) for detailed images of structure and bottom densities
• New digital display technology offers an easy-to-read, semi-transparent digital readout that allows users to see sonar images "behind" the data
• 3000 user waypoints are automatically tagged with the date and time of creation, as well as water temperature and depth -vital information for serious anglers
• Stores 50 reversible routes with up to 50 waypoints each, plus MOB and TracBack modes
• 10,000 active track points and 700 saved track points; database information can be stored on removable data cards and transferred to a PC or another unit
• Sends, receives, and displays positioning data with DSC equipped VHF radios
• TracBack mode helps guide you back to points along a route
• 500-watt (RMS) 4000-watt (PTP) output with dual-frequency transducer
• 400-watt (RMS) 3200-watt (PTP) output with single-frequency transducer
• Adjustable range, gain, zoom, and bottom lock
• Temperature log maintains a graphical record of temperature data
• Water temperature and fish ID with depth alarms
• Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
• Accepts Garmin Memory Data Cards and Pre-Programmed BlueChart Data Cards
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||4.9 x 6.3 x 2.8 inches (12.3 x 15.7 x 7.1 cm)
||Display size, WxH:
||3.2 x 3.2 in (8.0 x 8.0 cm)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||320 x 320 pixels
||10 level FSTN
||1 lb. 1 oz.
||External Power only
||RoHS version available:
||Ability to add maps:
||Street Map Compatible:
||Topographic Map Compatible:
||Marine Software Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Map Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Vision Map Compatible:
||Accepts data cards:
||Garmin data card
||Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest):
||External Antenna Jack:
||10,000 points, 15 saved tracks
||Marine Auto Guidance
||Marine Network™ compatible
||Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position)
||Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio)
||XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible
||Yes (NMEA 0183)
|(View more comments.)|
|Always wonderful service! Simply the best|
Chuck S., May 23/13
|tons of products, great prices...and videos! Thanks|
Timothy K. FL, May 22/13
|You Guys Rock! Got what I wanted, great video's, and free shipping!|
Willard W. LA, May 21/13
|Wow, the manufacturers could learn a few things from GPS City! Thoroughly enjoyed the extensive video tutorials and comparisons. I really hope I am as happy with this product as I am with the buying experience at GPS City!|
Wayne S. TN, May 19/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|You guys had great shipping and I liked being able to read the reviews of your service before I ordered. It put my mind at ease ordering from a company I had not dealt with before. Thanks!|
Captain NoBeard, May 13/13