Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the GPSMAP 178C Int Ant. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 178C Int Ant? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
What's Included In The Box?
|The Garmin GPSMAP 178C Int Ant ships with the following items included:|
- GPSMAP 178C Sounder
- Internal Antenna
- Garmin GPSMAP 178 Power and Data Cable (View this item)
- Garmin GPSMAP 172 and 178C Swivel Mount (View this item)
- Unit Cover
- Users Manual
- Quick Start Guide
||January 1, 2004
||May 21, 2004
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 178C Int Ant in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 178C Int Ant.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Garmin GPSMAP 178C Int Ant.
Garmin GPSMAP 178C Int Ant
Garmin GPSMAP 178C Int Ant Single-Trans
Garmin GPSMAP 178C Int Ant Dual-Trans
| || || |
Garmin GPSMAP 178C Ext Ant
Garmin GPSMAP 178C Ext Ant Single-Trans
Garmin GPSMAP 178C Ext Ant Dual-Trans
| || || |
The GPSMAP 178C Sounder is a new-generation fully integrated chartplotter and powerful sonar, offering the same brilliant sunlight-readable color LCD, powerful features, and simple interface as the GPSMAP 172C-all in a compact, value-priced console that leaves fish nowhere to hide.
It comes standard with a built-in worldwide marine basemap and accepts MapSource BlueChart offshore marine cartography-featuring detailed depth contours, inter-tidal zones, wrecks, navaids, and many other points of interest.
For small-water anglers, the GPSMAP 178C Sounder is compatible with MapSource Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots-featuring fishing areas, boat ramps, marinas, and hazards for hundreds of popular U.S. and Canadian lakes. Pre-programmed data cards can be easily inserted into the slot on the front of the unit.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 178C Int Ant features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
• Includes an Internal Antenna
• 320 x 320-pixel, 256-color CSTN screen with adjustable CCFL backlight
• 3.2" W x 3.2" H (4.5" diagonal) viewing area
• 6.3" x 4.9" x 3.7" (W x H x D) unit dimensions
• State-of-the-art 200 MHz processor makes data acquisition, panning, and zooming virtually instantaneous
• Choose either a dual-frequency 50/200 kHz transducer for offshore boating or a single-frequency 200 kHz transducer for inland lakes and bays
• See-Thru technology (which separates fish from thermoclines and structure) and Depth Control Gain (DCG) for detailed images of structure and bottom densities
• New digital display technology offers an easy-to-read, semi-transparent digital readout that allows users to see sonar images "behind" the data
• User waypoints are automatically tagged with the date and time of creation, as well as water temperature and depth-vital information for serious anglers
• 10,000 active track points and 700 saved track points; database information can be stored on removable data cards and transferred to a PC or another unit
• Sends, receives, and displays positioning data with DSC equipped VHF radios
• TracBack mode helps guide you back to points along a route
• Tracklines can be color-coded for trolling or cruising applications
• 500-watt (RMS) 4000-watt (PTP) output with dual-frequency transducer
• 400-watt (RMS) 3200-watt (PTP) output with single-frequency transducer
• Adjustable range, gain, zoom, and bottom lock
• Temperature log maintains a graphical record of temperature data
• Shallow-water, deep-water, fish-by-size, timer, low-battery-voltage, anchor-drag, arrival, off-course, proximity-waypoint, and clock alarms
• Water temperature and fish ID with depth alarms
• Accepts Garmin Memory Data Cards and Pre-Programmed BlueChart Data Cards
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||4.9 x 6.3 x 2.8 inches (12.3 x 15.7 x 7.1 cm)
||Display size, WxH:
||3.2 x 3.2 in (8.0 x 8.0 cm)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||320 x 320 pixels
||256 color CSTN
||1 lb. 3.5 oz.
||External Power only
||RoHS version available:
||Ability to add maps:
||Street Map Compatible:
||Topographic Map Compatible:
||Marine Software Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Map Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Vision Map Compatible:
||Accepts data cards:
||Garmin data card
||Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest):
||External Antenna Jack:
||10,000 points, 15 saved tracks
||Marine Auto Guidance
||Marine Network™ compatible
||Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position)
||Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio)
||XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible
||Yes (NMEA 0183)
|(View more comments.)|
Jerry C. MO, May 24/13
Yampol, May 23/13
|please, keep your sight just the way it is...no need for improvement. i had the easiest experience shopping on your sight, and your prices are the lowest i have seen, this is what keeps shoppers coming back, and your inventory is tops too|
jim m. WI, May 21/13
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13