Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the GPSMAP 188CSE. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 188CSE? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
What's Included In The Box?
|The Garmin GPSMAP 188CSE ships with the following items included:|
- GPSMAP 188C Sounder
- Garmin External GA29 Antenna (View this item)
- Gimbal Mounting Bracket
- Mounting Knobs
- Garmin Power and Data Retro Cable 18 Pin (View this item)
- Garmin Protective Cover Marine (View this item)
- Owners Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
||November 30, 1999
||March 19, 2003
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 188CSE in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 188CSE.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Garmin GPSMAP 188CSE.
Garmin GPSMAP 188SE
Garmin GPSMAP 188SET
Garmin GPSMAP 188SI
Garmin GPSMAP 188SIT
Garmin GPSMAP 188CSE
Garmin GPSMAP 188CSET
The GPSMAP 188C Sounder install easily in open cockpit and overhead boxes, and feature a quick map redraw using a high-speed RISC processor. These units combine chartplotter and sounder capabilities in one unit, with split-screen capability so you can view your position and sounder information at the same time.
For the GPSMAP 188C Sounder, the display is a high-resolution (234 x 320 pixels), 16-color TFT display. Featuring a built-in worldwide basemap, the GPSMAP 188C Sounder is fully compatible with GARMIN's new BlueChart marine cartography and many MapSource CD-ROM products*.
These units are designed to provide precise GPS positioning using correction data obtained from the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS). They also provide position accuracy to less than three meters when receiving WAAS corrections. The GPSMAP 188C Sounder also accept RTCM-104 differential corrections.
The GPSMAP 188C Sounder offers daylight-viewable color as an option to the monochrome display of the GPSMAP 188 Sounder.
* requires a Garmin Memory Data Card to download the MapSource Software to the GPS unit.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 188CSE features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
• Includes an External GA29 Antenna
• WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver
• Remote, patch style GPS antenna with 30 ft cable
• Unit dimensions: 6.30 in W x 6.18 in H x 3.25 in D
• Accepts data cards programmed with GarminBlueChart cartography
• Display: 5.0" diagonal (12.7 cm) high-resolution, 16-color TFT with backlighting (234 x 320 pixels)
• Backlit display and keypad
• Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required
• Water resistant, IEC-529, IPX-7 (submersible to 1 meter @ 30 minutes)
• Built-in worldwide basemap showing cities, interstates, coastline detail and US tide stations
• Compatible with Garmin BlueChart marine cartography and most MapSource products including Fishing Hot Spots and MetroGuide (with Garmin Memory Data Cards and Pre-Programmed Cards)
• 3000 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes with up to 254 points each, plus MOB and TracBack modes
• Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS and user grid
• Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint and clock
• Large numbers option for easy viewing
• Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overal average, total time, max speed
• 2500 point automatic track log; 15 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions, 500 points per saved track
• Course and speed filtering
• Built-in celestial tables for sun and moon calculations
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|please, keep your sight just the way it is...no need for improvement. i had the easiest experience shopping on your sight, and your prices are the lowest i have seen, this is what keeps shoppers coming back, and your inventory is tops too|
jim m. WI, May 21/13
|Excellent service and very fast arrival of order|
Luci, May 20/13
|Best price I found on the net - and free shipping make this a real deal!|
Dov F. NY, May 14/13
|You guys had great shipping and I liked being able to read the reviews of your service before I ordered. It put my mind at ease ordering from a company I had not dealt with before. Thanks!|
Captain NoBeard, May 13/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13
|Excellent service and ease of ordering|
Crestman, May 10/13