Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the GPSMAP 188SE. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 188SE? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
What's Included In The Box?
|The Garmin GPSMAP 188SE ships with the following items included:|
||November 30, 1999
||February 21, 2002
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 188SE in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 188SE.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Garmin GPSMAP 188SE.
Garmin GPSMAP 188SE
Garmin GPSMAP 188SET
Garmin GPSMAP 188SI
Garmin GPSMAP 188SIT
Garmin GPSMAP 188CSE
Garmin GPSMAP 188CSET
The GPSMAP 188 Sounder install easily in open cockpit and overhead boxes, and feature a quick map redraw using a high-speed RISC processor. These units combine chartplotter and sounder capabilities in one unit, with split-screen capability so you can view your position and sounder information at the same time.
For the GPSMAP 188 Sounder, detailed marine cartography is presented on a high-resolution (240 x 360 pixels), 10-level grayscale, liquid crystal display. Featuring a built-in worldwide basemap, the GPSMAP 188 Sounder is fully compatible with GARMIN's new BlueChart marine cartography and many MapSource CD-ROM products*.
These units are designed to provide precise GPS positioning using correction data obtained from the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS). They also provide position accuracy to less than three meters when receiving WAAS corrections. The GPSMAP 188 Sounder also accept RTCM-104 differential corrections.
The GPSMAP 188C Sounder offers daylight-viewable color as an option to the monochrome display of the GPSMAP 188 Sounder.
* requires a Garmin Memory Data Card to download the MapSource Software to the GPS unit.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 188SE features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
• Includes an External GA29 Antenna
• 5.5" diagonal (14.0 cm) high-resolution, 10-level grayscale LCD with backlighting (240 x 360 pixels)
• 3000 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes with 50 waypoints each, plus MOB and TracBack modes
• Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint and clock
• 3000 point automatic track log; 15 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions, 500 points per saved track
• Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS and user grid
• Course and speed filtering
• Built-in celestial tables for sun and moon calculations
• 6.2"H x 6.3"W x 2.6"D, Weight: Approx 2.0 lbs
• Choose from internal quad helix antenna or external GA 29 remote antenna (with 30 ft. cable)
• Transmit frequency: 50/200 kHz (40?/10?)
• Transmit power: 500 watts RMS, 4000 watts peak-to-peak
• Auto bottom tracking with 2X, 4X zoom levels
• Split screen combining both map and sounder data
• Simultaneous display of both 50kHz and 200 kHz frequencies
• Graphic whiteline for clear image of bottom hardness and structure
• Underwater waypoints to capture position and depth
• See-Thru technology separates fish from thermoclines and structure
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|Real. Live. Humans.|
|Our very own phone staff are waiting for your call.|
|8AM - 5PM PDT, Mon-Fri|
|(View more comments.)|
|You Guys Rock! Got what I wanted, great video's, and free shipping!|
Willard W. LA, May 21/13
|Excellent service and very fast arrival of order|
Luci, May 20/13
|Best price I found on the net - and free shipping make this a real deal!|
Dov F. NY, May 14/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13
|Excellent service and ease of ordering|
Crestman, May 10/13