Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the GPSMAP 238SET. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 238SET? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
What's Included In The Box?
|The Garmin GPSMAP 238SET ships with the following items included:|
||November 30, 1999
||April 4, 2002
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 238SET in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 238SET.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Garmin GPSMAP 238SET.
Garmin GPSMAP 238SE
Garmin GPSMAP 238SET
| || || || |
We know you don't have extra space on your boat, so we packed a ton of features into this combination chartplotter/sounder unit. The GPSMAP 238 is a dual-frequency sounder that features exceptional resolution, a fast redraw rate, and split-screen capability so you can view your position and sounder information at the same time.
This unit is WAAS capable for greater accuracy, and it has a built-in worldwide basemap with coastline detail, U.S. tide data, and inland features. The GPSMAP 238 also accepts optional data cards with GARMIN's BlueChart marine cartography for additional detail, and is fully compatible with many of our MapSource CD-ROM products*.
* requires a Garmin Memory Data Card to download the MapSource Software to the GPS unit.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 238SET features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
• Includes an External GA29 Antenna and Transducer
• WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver
• Remote quad helix receiving antenna, with 30 ft cable
• Unit dimensions: 7.50 in H x 7.70 in W x 2.60 in D
• Accepts data cards programmed with Garmin BlueChart cartography
• Display: 7.1 in diagonal, high resolution FSTN, 240 x 360 pixels, 10-level grayscale
• Weight: Approx. 2.0 lbs
• Backlit display and keypad
• Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required
• Water resistant, IEC-529, IPX7 (Submersible 1 meter @ 30 minutes)
• Built-in worldwide basemap showing cities, interstates, coastline detail and US tide stations
• Compatible with Garmin BlueChart marine cartography and most MapSource products including Fishing Hot Spots and MetroGuide
• 3000 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes with 50 waypoints/route
• Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS and user grid
• Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint and clock
• Large number options for easy viewing'
• Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed
• 2500 point automatic track log; 15 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions, 500 points/saved track
• Course and speed filtering
• Built-in celestial tables for sun and moon calculations
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|Best price I found on the net - and free shipping make this a real deal!|
Dov F. NY, May 14/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13
|Great Prices !!! thank you !|
Maher Q. MN, May 10/13
|Excellent service and ease of ordering|
Crestman, May 10/13
|Very impressed with the prompt shipping and packaging of the item. Will order again from GPS City again|
larry, May 8/13