Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the GPSMAP 298 Sounder with Internal Antenna. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 298 Sounder with Internal Antenna? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
||April 5, 2006
||April 25, 2006
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 298 Sounder with Internal Antenna in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 298 Sounder with Internal Antenna.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Garmin GPSMAP 298 Sounder with Internal Antenna.
Garmin GPSMAP 298 Sounder with Internal Antenna
Garmin GPSMAP 298 Sounder with External Antenna
Garmin GPSMAP 298 Int Antenna Sounder with Transducer
Garmin GPSMAP 298 Ext Antenna Sounder with Transducer
| || |
Similar in styling and function to the GPSMAP 292C, the 298C Sounder combines vivid color chartplotting with a powerful dual-frequency sounder (sold separately) in one space-saving, multipurpose unit. Compatible with the latest BlueChart® G2 series marine cartography—and featuring an enhanced worldwide basemap that depicts shorelines, roads and surface features in richer detail—the GPSMAP 298C is loaded with smart navigation features. The unit’s big 5-inch display offers split-screen capability, so you can view both map and sounder information simultaneously.
GPSMAP 298 is enabled with Garmin’s new CANet™—a one-megabit Controller Area Network that allows users to connect two chartplotters and a GSD 21 or GSD 22 (Garmin’s new black-box sonar devices).
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 298 Sounder with Internal Antenna features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- 256-color TFT display, 3.0” W x 4.0" H, 5.0-inch diagonal, 240 x 320 pixels
- Enhanced Worldwide basemap provides improved 300 meter shoreline resolution, interstates, and major highways
- CCFL backlight for display and keypad
- Ultra-dim backlight for nighttime operation with user-programmable levels for day and night
- Unit dimensions: 6.3” W x 7.1” H x 3.1” D (internal antenna)
- Power output: 500 watts (RMS) 4000 watts (peak to peak), dual frequency 400 watts (RMS) 3200 watts (peak to peak), dual beam
- Depth: 1,500 feet (dual frequency), 900 feet (dual beam)
- Choose Dual Frequency 50kHz (45°), 200kHz (10°) for maximum saltwater performance or Dual Beam Width 80kHz (45°), 200kHz (14°) for maximum freshwater performance
- Patented transom/trolling mount transducer
- CANet™ proprietary bus allows display and control of full feature sounder data on 2nd Garmin chartplotter
- New sounder design featuring excellent shallow water performance
- Ultrascroll™ high-rep-rate sonar
- New AutoGain technology to see more fish
- See-Thru® technology: shows weak and strong returns simultaneously
- Water temperature log and graph
- Round flasher display mode
- Adjustable depth line
- 2X and 4X Automatic and manual zoom
- Water speed capable
- Adjustable keel offset
- Alarms for fish size, shallow water, deep water, and low battery
- Battery voltage indication
- NMEA sonar data output
- Power down backup of settings: customer settings are not lost when the unit is turned off
- Pre-loaded with over 15 user-interface languages
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|Real. Live. Humans.|
|Our very own phone staff are waiting for your call.|
|8AM - 5PM PDT, Mon-Fri|
|(View more comments.)|
|please, keep your sight just the way it is...no need for improvement. i had the easiest experience shopping on your sight, and your prices are the lowest i have seen, this is what keeps shoppers coming back, and your inventory is tops too|
jim m. WI, May 21/13
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|excellent phone support and informative web site|
ken w. UT, May 14/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13
|Very easy shopping process. I was able to update my details easily|
Eric C. CT, May 12/13
|Your company had all individual parts needed that other did not at a great price! Thank you.. |
Brian J. NH, May 10/13