Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (1 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the GPSMAP 398 Sounder with Internal Antenna. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 398 Sounder with Internal Antenna? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
||April 7, 2006
||May 30, 2006
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 398 Sounder with Internal Antenna in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 398 Sounder with Internal Antenna.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 1 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Rambo
March 9, 2010
GOOD FOR ALL FISHINGFish with a Garmin for over 5 years … More
• Recommend? YES
62 viewers found this helpful.
Similar in styling and function to the GPSMAP 292C and GPSMAP 298C Sounder, the GPSMAP 398C Sounder along with its counterpart, the GPSMAP 392C, add preloaded U.S. inland freshwater cartography to its enhanced worldwide basemap information.
The preloaded inland maps offer 50-meter shoreline resolution throughout the U.S., with even more detailed 10-meter resolution on select lakes. Other details include depth contours, tide and current data, boat ramps, mile markers, hazards, marinas, campgrounds, area roads, and more. Both units accept preprogrammed data cards and are compatible with the latest BlueChart® g2 series marine cartography. The built-in 500-watt (RMS) sounder on the GPSMAP 398C features Ultrascroll™ for high-speed screen updates, and its Garmin CANet™ bus allows sounder display information to be shared with another chartplotter onboard.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 398 Sounder with Internal Antenna features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- 256-color TFT display, 4.0” H x 3.0” W, 5.0-inch diagonal, 320 x 240 pixels
- 256-color TFT display, 4.0”H x 3.0”W, 5.0-inch diagonal, 320 x 240 pixels
- CCFL backlight for display and keypad
- Ultra-dim backlight for nighttime operation with user programmable levels for day and night
- Unit dimensions: 7.1” H x 6.3” W x 3.1” D (internal antenna)
- Power output: 400 watts (RMS) 3200 watts (peak to peak), dual beam
- Depth: 900 feet (dual beam)
- Transom mount transducer: 80kHz (60 degree), 200kHz (20 degree), dual beam
- Built-in Inland maps, provides 50-meter shoreline resolution throughout the U. S., 10-meter shoreline resolution and depth contours on select lakes, USCG light list, wrecks and obstructions, real-time tide and currents, interstates, state highways, and rural roads
- CANet proprietary bus allows display and control of full-feature sounder data supplied from Garmin sounder
- New sounder design featuring excellent shallow-water performance
- Ultra scroll; user adjustable
- Adjustable range with automatic display re-scaling of picture
- See-Thru technology: shows weak and strong returns simultaneously
- Depth Control Grain (DCG): automatically adjusts fishfinder sensitivity according to depth
- Power down backup of settings: customer settings are not lost when the unit is turned off
- Pre-loaded with over 15 user-interface languages
- Water temperature log and graph
- Round flasher display mode
- Adjustable depth line
- 2X and 4X Automatic and manual zoom
- Water speed capable
- Adjustable keel offset
- Alarms for fish size, shallow water, deep water, and battery voltage
- Battery voltage indication
- Detailed fish arches
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|Gps city has great prices and fast delivery. Keep up the good work|
Andrew, Jun 15/13
|Amazing site, folks|
Debra R. PA, Jun 14/13
|GPS city made a smooth purchase experience. My first time using them. Iw would definately use them again|
Merkin, Jun 13/13
|Reading the reviews is useful. Thanks for the facility|
Rob, Jun 12/13
|One of the best - if not the best- shopping sites and service on the web. Great site design, easy to find what I'm looking for, plus best prices!|
John F. FL, Jun 9/13
|Very prompt service good job|
Randy, Jun 4/13