Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (4 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We have 3 videos for this item. We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 420s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
||January 5, 2007
||February 1, 2007
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 420s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 420s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 4 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Brent
July 21, 2009
GPSMAP 420Sneed to get the maps for your area. This gps is great.... The Vision G2 maps are great. … More
42 viewers found this helpful.
Written by jean
April 28, 2009
420Sgreat product,but no g2 card for my region(quebec) yet ... … More
46 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Hc
October 2, 2007
GOOD UNITOk, received the G2 Vision card yesterday and it significantly improved the mapping functions for my area. The maps loo … More
68 viewers found this helpful.
Written by HC
September 24, 2007
GOOD UNIT , BUT BASEMAP?Just installed this unit. Easy to install with good instructions. Had to upgrade the Unit software and that worked very … More
64 viewers found this helpful.
Garmin GPSMAP 420
Garmin GPSMAP 420s Sounder
Garmin GPSMAP 420s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer
| || || |
The GPSMAP 420 is a sleek, space-saving chartplotter that features an ultra-bright 4" QVGA display; built-in, satellite-enhanced worldwide basemap and simplified user operation. The 420 also has an SD card slot so you can add additional features with the optional BlueChart g2 Vision card.
View Satellite-enhanced Maps
The 420's basemap contains worldwide satellite images in place of more traditional maps, and its SD card slot makes it easy to add additional maps without connecting to a computer. With fewer keys and a simple, intuitive interface, the 420 makes navigating your way through the water easy.
The Garmin GPSMAP 420s shown here has chartplotter and sounder features. Included with this unit is a Dual Freaquency Transducer (010-10272-00).
Where applicable, the sounder version, GPSMAP 420s, comes with a powerful dual frequency transducer that clearly paints depth contours, fish targets and structure whether you're fishing in freshwater or off the coast. The 420 and 420s are also CANet compatible, so you can share sounder data with another chartplotter on your boat.
Add Extras with BlueChart g2 Vision
With the optional BlueChart g2 Vision SD card, you can add a whole new dimension of exceptional features to your chartplotter.
- 3D mariner's eye view or fish eye view provides you with a 3-dimensional perspective of map information, both above the waterline and below it.
- High-resolution satellite images and aerial photographs help you orient yourself in unfamiliar areas.
- Auto Guidance technology searches through all relevant charts to create a route you can actually follow - one that avoids obstacles, shallow water, buoys and other obstructions.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 420s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
Physical & Performance:
- Built-in analog Sounder: YES
- Transducer Included: YES (010-10272-00)
- Garmin radar compatible: no
- Garmin sonar compatible: yes
- CANet™ compatible: yes
- Garmin Marine Network™ compatible: no
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position): yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio): yes
- Audible alarms: yes
- Tide tables: yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: no
- Sun and moon information: yes
- 3D map view: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Auto Guidance: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): no
- XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible: no
- Voice prompts: no
- Remote control: no
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: no
- Audio/video input/output: no
- Portable: no
- Automotive/motorcycle-friendly: no
Maps & Memory:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 5.7" x 5.0" x 2.7" (14.5 x 12.7 x 6.9 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 2.4" x 3.2", 4.0" diagonal (6.1 x 8.1 cm, 10.2 cm diagonal)
- Display resolution, WxH: 240 x 320 pixels
- Display type: QVGA display
- Weight: 1.3 lb (590 g)
- Battery: none
- Battery life: none
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Antenna: internal
- NMEA output: NMEA 0183
- RoHS version available: no
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: no
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: none (cannot load maps to internal memory)
- Accepts data cards: SD card slot
- Waypoints: 1,500
- Routes: 20
- Track log: 10,000 points; 20 saved tracks
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||5.7 x 5.0 x 2.7 inches (14.5 x 12.7 x 6.9 cm)
||Display size, WxH:
||2.4 x 3.2, 4.0 in. diagonal (6.1 x 8.1, 10.2 cm diagonal)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||240 x 320
||1.3 lbs. (590 g)
||External Power only
||RoHS version available:
||Ability to add maps:
||Street Map Compatible:
||Topographic Map Compatible:
||Marine Software Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Map Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Vision Map Compatible:
||Accepts data cards:
||SD data card
||External Antenna Jack:
||10,000 points, 20 saved tracks
||Sun and moon information:
||Outdoor GPS games:
||Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units):
||Marine Auto Guidance
||Marine Network™ compatible
||Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position)
||Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio)
||XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible
||Yes (NMEA 0183)
|(View more comments.)|
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13
|Very easy shopping process. I was able to update my details easily|
Eric C. CT, May 12/13
|Your company had all individual parts needed that other did not at a great price! Thank you.. |
Brian J. NH, May 10/13
|as usual, you guys did great. shipping was VERY FAST. keep up the good work|
Thomas, May 9/13