Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (1 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We have 3 videos for this item. We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 440s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
What's Included In The Box?
|The Garmin GPSMAP 440s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer ships with the following items included:|
- GPSMAP 440s
- Dual Frequency Transducer
- Tilt/swivel mount
- Protective front cover
- Power/data cable
- Owners manual
||January 5, 2007
||February 1, 2007
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 440s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 440s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 1 reviews for this item.)|
Written by rock
July 23, 2009
GPSMAP 440S REVIEWVery good product, the maps on the unit are ten times better than previous versions even without the g2 maps. i woul … More
51 viewers found this helpful.
Offshore fishermen and boaters will gravitate toward this sleek, space-saving chartplotter. The GPSMAP 440 features preloaded detailed maps for the U.S. coast as well as an ultra-bright 4” QVGA display; built-in, satellite-enhanced worldwide basemap and simplified user operation.
Chart the High Seas
The 440 has preloaded detailed maps that cover all U.S. coastal areas, including Alaska and Hawaii. For areas outside the U.S., the 440 has a worldwide basemap with satellite images in place of more traditional maps, and its SD™ card slot makes it easy to add additional maps without connecting to a computer. With fewer keys a nd a simple, intuitive interface, the 440 makes navigating your way through the water easy.
Add Sonar and Weather
Where applicable, the sounder version, GPSMAP 440s, comes with a powerful dual frequency transducer that clearly paints depth contours, fish targets and structure. It’s also CANet™ compatible, so you can share sounder data with another chartplotter on your boat. The weather-enabled versions, GPSMAP 440x and 440sx, display XM satellite weather data, including NEXRAD radar, with the GXM 31 antenna.
Add Extras with BlueChart® g2 Vision
With the optional BlueChart g2 Vision SD card, you can add a whole new dimension of exceptional features to your chartplotter.
- 3D mariner’s eye view or fish eye view provides you with a 3-dimensional perspective of map information, both above the waterline and below it.
- High-resolution satellite images and aerial photographs help you orient yourself in unfamiliar areas.
- Auto guidance technology searches through all relevant charts to create a route you can actually follow — one that avoids obstacles, shallow water, buoys and other obstructions.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 440s Sounder with Dual Frequency Transducer features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
Physical & Performance:
- Garmin radar compatible: no
- Garmin sonar compatible: yes
- CANet® compatible: yes
- Garmin Marine Network™ compatible: no
- Touchscreen: no
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position): yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio): yes
- Audible alarms: yes
- Tide tables: yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: no
- Sun and moon information: yes
- 3-D map view: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Auto Guidance: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): no
- XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible: no
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): no
- Remote control: no
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: no
- Audio/video input/output: no
- Portable: no
- Automotive/motorcycle-friendly: no
Maps & Memory:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 5.7" x 5.0" x 2.7" (14.5 x 12.7 x 6.9 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 2.4" x 3.2", 4.0" diagonal (6.1 x 8.1 cm, 10.2 cm diagonal)
- Display resolution, WxH: 240 x 320 pixels
- Display type: QVGA display
- Weight: 1.3 lb (590 g)
- Battery: none
- Battery life: none
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Antenna: internal
- NMEA input/output: NMEA 0183
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: yes (coastal maps)
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: none (cannot load maps to internal memory)
- Accepts data cards: SD™ card slot
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1,500
- Routes: 20
- Track log: 10,000 points; 20 saved tracks
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||5.7 x 5.0 x 2.7 inches (14.5 x 12.7 x 6.9 cm)
||Display size, WxH:
||2.4 x 3.2, 4.0 in. diagonal (6.1 x 8.1, 10.2 cm diagonal)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||240 x 320
||1.3 lbs. (590 g)
||External Power only
||RoHS version available:
||Ability to add maps:
||Street Map Compatible:
||Topographic Map Compatible:
||Marine Software Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Map Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Vision Map Compatible:
||Accepts data cards:
||SD data card
||External Antenna Jack:
||10,000 points, 20 saved tracks
||Sun and moon information:
||Outdoor GPS games:
||Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units):
||Marine Auto Guidance
||Marine Network™ compatible
||Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position)
||Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio)
||XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible
||Yes (NMEA 0183)
|(View more comments.)|
|Always wonderful service! Simply the best|
Chuck S., May 23/13
|tons of products, great prices...and videos! Thanks|
Timothy K. FL, May 22/13
|You Guys Rock! Got what I wanted, great video's, and free shipping!|
Willard W. LA, May 21/13
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|Best price I found on the net - and free shipping make this a real deal!|
Dov F. NY, May 14/13
|You guys had great shipping and I liked being able to read the reviews of your service before I ordered. It put my mind at ease ordering from a company I had not dealt with before. Thanks!|
Captain NoBeard, May 13/13