Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We have 3 videos for this item. We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 498 Sounder with External Antenna? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
|View the compete list of 1 questions and 1 answers for the Garmin GPSMAP 498 Sounder with External Antenna in our Q&As.
Or visit our Q&A Home Page.|
|Here are a few of the most recent questions asked by users and customers of the Garmin GPSMAP 498 Sounder with External Antenna.|
||Does not acquire satellites?
||1.3 years ago
||April 7, 2006
||July 11, 2006
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 498 Sounder with External Antenna in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 498 Sounder with External Antenna.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Garmin GPSMAP 498 Sounder with External Antenna.
Garmin GPSMAP 498 Sounder with Internal Antenna
Garmin GPSMAP 498 Sounder with External Antenna
Garmin GPSMAP 498 Int Antenna Sounder with Transducer
Garmin GPSMAP 498 Ext Antenna Sounder with Transducer
| || |
The 498C Sounder along with its counterpart, the GPSMAP 492C, give you the cartography you need to venture offshore. These versatile units come ready to launch with preloaded marine map detail utilizing the new BlueChart® g2 technology.
Coverage is for U.S. coastal areas, including Alaska and Hawaii. Features include integrated mapping, 2D or 3D map perspective, tide and current data, improved IALA symbols, navaids, marinas, boat ramps, roads, and more. Both units accept preprogrammed data cards for loading additional map coverage of inland lakes or BlueChart® detail for other regions. And the GPSMAP 498C’s built-in 500-watt (RMS) sounder features Ultrascroll™ for high-speed screen updates, with the proprietary Garmin CANet™ bus enabling sounder display information to be shared with, and controlled from, another chartplotter on your boat.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 498 Sounder with External Antenna features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- 256-color TFT display, 4.0” H x 3.0” W, 5.0-inch diagonal, 320 x 240 pixels
- CCFL backlight for display and keypad
- Ultra-dim backlight for nighttime operation with user programmable levels for day and night
- Unit dimensions: 6.3” H x 6.3” W x 3.3” D (external antenna), 7.1” H x 6.3” W x 3.1” D (internal antenna)
- Power output: 500 watts (RMS) 4000 watts (peak to peak), dual frequency 400 watts (RMS) 3200 watts (peak to peak), dual beam Depth: 1,500 feet (dual frequency), 900 feet (dual beam)
- Transom mount transducer: 50kHz (45 degree), 200kHz (15 degree), dual frequency
- Built-in, highly detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States—including Alaska and Hawaii. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas, real-time tide and current information, and 3D perspective
- CANet proprietary bus allows display and control of full-feature sounder data supplied from Garmin sounder
- New sounder design featuring excellent shallow water performance
- Ultra scroll; user adjustable
- Adjustable range with automatic display re-scaling of picture
- See-Thru technology: shows weak and strong returns simultaneously
- Depth Control Grain (DCG): automatically adjusts fishfinder sensitivity according to depth
- Power down backup of settings: customer settings are not lost when the unit is turned off
- Pre-loaded with over 15 user-interface languages
- Water temperature log and graph
- Round flasher display mode
- Adjustable depth line
- 2X and 4X Automatic and manual zoom
- Water speed capable
- Adjustable keel offset
- Alarms for fish size, shallow water, deep water, and battery voltage
- Battery voltage indication
- Detailed fish arches
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|please, keep your sight just the way it is...no need for improvement. i had the easiest experience shopping on your sight, and your prices are the lowest i have seen, this is what keeps shoppers coming back, and your inventory is tops too|
jim m. WI, May 21/13
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|excellent phone support and informative web site|
ken w. UT, May 14/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13
|RAM Mounts referred, thanks!|
Diana C. CO, May 13/13
|Your company had all individual parts needed that other did not at a great price! Thank you.. |
Brian J. NH, May 10/13