Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (1 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|GPS City recommended alternative:
Name: GPSMAP 546
Part No: 010-00774-00
View the Garmin GPSMAP 546.
|We have 3 videos for this item. We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin GPSMAP 545? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
||January 5, 2007
||February 1, 2007
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin GPSMAP 545 in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin GPSMAP 545.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 1 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Eric
August 28, 2008
ANOTHER GREAT CHART PLOTTERI got this 545 with the catamaran I purchased. I have the 478 and 276C, and many other older GPS' stuffed in dinghy ba … More
113 viewers found this helpful.
This offshore chartplotter boasts the brightest, sharpest, most colorful graphics you have ever seen on a 5-inch screen. The Garmin GPSMAP 545 Series has a 5 inch VGA display; preloaded BlueChart g2 maps of the U.S. coast; and simple, straightforward buttons and menus. You can add the optional BlueChart g2 Vision SD card for even more enhanced features.
Navigate the High Seas
The 545 has preloaded detailed maps cover all U.S. coastal areas and the Bahamas. For other areas, the 540 has a worldwide basemap with satellite images in place of more traditional maps. The SD card slot makes it easy to add additional maps without connecting to a computer. And with a simple, intuitive interface and high-speed processor, the 545 makes navigating easy.
Add Sonar and Weather
The sounder version, GPSMAP 545s, is prepackaged with a powerful digital sounder (up to 1 kW) and dual frequency transducer that clearly paints depth contours, fish targets and structure. It’s also CANet™ compatible, so you can share sounder data with another chartplotter on your boat. For continuously-updated weather information, you can add the optional GXM 31 antenna to receive XM satellite weather, including NEXRAD radar, and hundreds of XM radio stations right on your chartplotter.
Add Extras with BlueChart® g2 Vision
With the optional BlueChart g2 Vision SD card, you can add a whole new dimension of exceptional features to your chartplotter.
- 3D mariner’s eye view or fish eye view provides you with a 3-dimensional perspective of map information, both above the waterline and below it.
- High-resolution satellite images and aerial photographs help you orient yourself in unfamiliar areas.
- Auto guidance technology searches through all relevant charts to create a route you can actually follow — one that avoids obstacles, shallow water, buoys and other obstructions.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSMAP 545 features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
Physical & Performance:
- Built-in Sounder: NO
- Transducer Included: NO
- Garmin radar compatible: no
- Garmin sonar compatible: yes
- CANet™ compatible: yes
- Garmin Marine Network™ compatible: no
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position): yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio): yes
- Audible alarms: yes
- Tide tables: yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: no
- Sun and moon information: yes
- 3D map view: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Auto Guidance: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): no
- XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible: yes
- Voice prompts: no
- Remote control: no
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: no
- Audio/video input/output: no
- Portable: no
- Automotive/motorcycle-friendly: no
Maps & Memory:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 5.9" x 6.4" x 2.9" (15.0 x 16.3 x 7.4 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 3.0" x 4.0", 5.0" diagonal (7.6 x 10.2 cm, 12.7 cm diagonal)
- Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 640 pixels
- Display type: VGA display
- Weight: less than 1.75 lb (0.8 kg)
- Battery: none
- Battery life: none
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Antenna: internal
- NMEA output: NMEA 0183
- RoHS version available: no
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: none (cannot load maps to internal memory)
- Accepts data cards: SD card slot
- Waypoints: 1,500
- Routes: 20
- Track log: 10,000 points; 20 saved tracks
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||5.9 x 6.4 x 2.9 in (15.0 x 16.3 x 7.4 cm)
||Display size, WxH:
||3.0 x 4.0, 5.0 in diag. (7.6 x 10.2, 12.7 cm diag.)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||640 x 480 pixels
||1.7 lbs (.77 kg)
||External Power only
||RoHS version available:
||Ability to add maps:
||Street Map Compatible:
||Topographic Map Compatible:
||Marine Software Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Map Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Vision Map Compatible:
||Accepts data cards:
||SD data card
||External Antenna Jack:
||10,000 points, 20 saved tracks
||Sun and moon information:
||Outdoor GPS games:
||Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units):
||Marine Auto Guidance
||Marine Network™ compatible
||Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position)
||Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio)
||XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible
||Yes (NMEA 0183)
|Real. Live. Humans.|
|Our very own phone staff are waiting for your call.|
|8AM - 5PM PDT, Mon-Fri|
|(View more comments.)|
|tons of products, great prices...and videos! Thanks|
Timothy K. FL, May 22/13
|Wow, the manufacturers could learn a few things from GPS City! Thoroughly enjoyed the extensive video tutorials and comparisons. I really hope I am as happy with this product as I am with the buying experience at GPS City!|
Wayne S. TN, May 19/13
|Great website. Easy to find & compare products, great prices, fast shipping. Thanks!|
Robb O. OH, May 16/13
|You guys had great shipping and I liked being able to read the reviews of your service before I ordered. It put my mind at ease ordering from a company I had not dealt with before. Thanks!|
Captain NoBeard, May 13/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13
|Excellent service and ease of ordering|
Crestman, May 10/13