Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (1 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the Rino 120 Radio GPS Double Pack. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin Rino 120 Radio GPS Double Pack? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
Here are the top accessories for this item. View the complete accessory list for this item.
RAM Mount Garmin Rino Suction Mount RAM-B-166-GA8U
RAM Mount Rino 1xx Series Stainless Steel U-Bolt Mount
Garmin Handheld Nylon Case
Garmin Rino 1xx Series Cigarette Lighter Adapter
Garmin Topographic 2008 100K USA DVD Mac and Windows
What's Included In The Box?
|The Garmin Rino 120 Radio GPS Double Pack ships with the following items included:|
||November 30, 1999
||October 22, 2002
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin Rino 120 Radio GPS Double Pack in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin Rino 120 Radio GPS Double Pack.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 1 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Terry
September 5, 2009
RINO 120We used these Rinos for air-to-air tracking during a four-glider safari and found that they worked up to a range of ju … More
•Pros: decreased radio chatter to locate each other.
•Cons: hi battery drain, not inutitive to use.
163 viewers found this helpful.
Garmin Rino 110
Garmin Rino 120
Garmin Rino 130
Garmin Rino 520
Garmin Rino 530
Garmin Rino 520HCx
Garmin Rino 530HCx
Garmin Rino 110 Radio GPS Double Pack
Garmin Rino 120 Radio GPS CD 2-Pack
Garmin Rino 120 Radio GPS Double Pack
Garmin Rino 130 Radio GPS Double Pack
| || |
The olive-colored Rino 120 takes all the features of the Rino 110 and adds a basemap of North and South America that includes major cities, highways, thoroughfares, rivers, lakes, coastlines, state and national borders, and railways.
The Rino 120 has eight megabytes of internal memory for downloadable cartography from GARMIN's exclusive line of MapSource CD-ROMs - providing topographic, bathymetric, and street-level map information. It also incorporates a voice scrambler for secure communications and a vibration mode for "silent" calls from other Rino users.
This patent-pending technology makes it possible to transmit your location to a friend or family member, and they can see the distance and bearing from your position to theirs on a Rino display. In short, this could be a life-saving feature in an outdoor emergency by helping rescuers pinpoint your location-or it could be used simply for rounding up the family at an amusement park.
THE RINO FAMILY:
The Rino 110 and Rino 120 are the first two Garmin GPS-enabled handheld devices for the Family Radio Service (FRS) and high-performance General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) markets. These GPS devices integrate radio functionality to provide two-way communications up to two miles using FRS channels and up to five miles using GMRS channels.
Inspired by the distinctive offset FRS and GPS antennas that give the devices their Rhinoceros-like appearance, GARMIN designed the Rino series as powerful, robust Radios Integrated with Navigation for the Outdoors. They are also the only waterproof two-way radios on the market.
What really separates the Rino from the rest of the FRS/GMRS herd is the ability to "beam" your exact location to another Rino user within a two-mile range (Peer-to-Peer Positioning)).
The Rino boasts GARMIN's traditional tough, lightweight, waterproof design to handle the rigors of any outdoor adventure. And because the Rino has standard FRS capabilities, you can talk to friends or family who own conventional FRS radios.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
Rino 120 Radio GPS Double Pack features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- Transmit power: 1 watt on high power (for GMRS channels), .5 watt for low power (FRS channels)
- Transmit channels: 1-14 FRS and 15-22 GMRS
- 38 sub-audible squelch codes per transmission channel for semi-private radio communications
• External voice activation (VOX)
- Transmit distance: up to 2 miles using FRS, up to 5 miles with GMRS
- High resolution, FSTN display, 160x160 pixels
- Waterproof to IPX-7 standards (immersible in one meter for 30 minutes)
- Ergonomic design for one-handed operation, with Call and Press-To-Talk (PTT) and Page mode buttons on the side, Power/Backlighting button on top, and Volume and Zoom buttons in front
- Unique Click Stick for channel selection and volume adjustment in FRS/GMRS mode, and quick map panning, enter and selection functions in GPS mode
- Keylock to prevent accidental setting changes
- Voicescrambler for secure communications
- Vibration mode for silent calls to other Rino users
- Call ring function to allow calling between radios
- Built in basemap consisting of American road and highway detail, along with 8 MB of internal memory for additional road, lake, marine, and points-of-interest data that can be downloaded from
- 8 MB of internal memory for storage of map data
- Battery life of 15 hours (typical use) on three AA alkaline batteries
- Backlit display
- 500 waypoints with name and graphic symbol
- 20 reversible routes with up to 30 points each, plus TracBack mode
- Automatic track log: 10 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions
- Trip computer with speed tracking, sunrise/sunset read out, trip time and trip distance
- Clock, stopwatch and alarm functions
- More than 10 position formats and over 100 map datums
- Multiple grid formats including MGRS and Loran TD
- Compatibility with select MapSource CD-ROMS
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||2.3 x 4.5 x 1.6 inches, 7 inches high with antenna (5.8 x 11.4 x 1.6 cm, 17.8 cm with antenna)
||Display size, WxH:
||1.4 x 1.4 inches (3.6 x 3.6 cm)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||160 x 160 pixels
||4 level grayscale LCD
||7.6 oz (236 g) with batteries
||3 AA batteries (Not included)
||RoHS version available:
||Ability to add maps:
||Accepts data cards:
||Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads):
||2,048 points, 20 saved tracks
||Sun and moon information:
||FRS and GMRS
||0.5 watts FRS; 1.0 watt GMRS
||Up to 2 miles over FRS; up to 5 miles over GMRS
||VOX (voice activation):
||Location reporting (send and receive GPS positions):
||NOAA weather radio:
||External temperature recording:
|(View more comments.)|
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|excellent phone support and informative web site|
ken w. UT, May 14/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13
|Great Prices !!! thank you !|
Maher Q. MN, May 10/13
|After researching for my first Motorcycle GPS I purchased a Zumo 660 LM. GPS City has all the info you could ever want and I am very pleased with their web site and service|
Matthew M. GA, May 9/13
|GPS City is the BEST retailer period!!! I have been a customer for years and you never fail me|
Richard, May 7/13