Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (4 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Garmin items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We have 6 videos for this item. We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Garmin Rino 130? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
|View the compete list of 1 questions and 1 answers for the Garmin Rino 130 in our Q&As.
Or visit our Q&A Home Page.|
|Here are a few of the most recent questions asked by users and customers of the Garmin Rino 130.|
||Reading latitude and longitude
||2.5 years ago
Here are the top accessories for this item. View the complete accessory list for this item.
RAM Mount Garmin Rino Suction Mount RAM-B-166-GA8U
RAM Mount Rino 1xx Series Stainless Steel U-Bolt Mount
Garmin Handheld Nylon Case
Garmin Rino 1xx Series Cigarette Lighter Adapter
Garmin Topographic 2008 100K USA DVD Mac and Windows
What's Included In The Box?
|The Garmin Rino 130 ships with the following items included:|
||January 1, 2004
||March 5, 2004
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Garmin Rino 130 in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Garmin Rino 130.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 4 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Flyboy
September 22, 2010
GARMIN RINO 130Have only had the device for a couple of weeks and haven't had much time to use it. I am assuming that it will perfo … More
•Pros: it's a garmin
139 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Steve
December 31, 1969
|I have owned a few of the RINO 130s and am not very happy with them. I do very much like the way the unit is set up and … More
297 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Bob Browder
December 31, 1969
|I use the Rhino 130 for hiking, backpacking, and biking. If performs as advertised. In place of alkaline batteries I use … More
237 viewers found this helpful.
Garmin Rino 110
Garmin Rino 120
Garmin Rino 130
Garmin Rino 520
Garmin Rino 530
Garmin Rino 520HCx
Garmin Rino 530HCx
Garmin Rino 130 Radio GPS Double Pack
| || || || || |
The Rino 130 is the most feature-rich unit in the Rino family, with a built-in electronic compass, barometric sensor, weather receiver for seven NOAA weather channels, and 24 MBs of internal memory. This handheld radio has a built-in electronic compass to give a heading while the user is standing still, and a barometric altimeter to provide extremely accurate elevation and pressure information, which will assist users in identifying weather data.
The Rino 130 provides two-way radio communication with a transmission range of up to two miles using FRS channels and up to five miles with GMRS. The integration of two-way radio and GPS enables users to transmit their position with a simple button press, allowing others to navigate to their position. The Rino 130 also has a polling feature, which allows a user to manually request GPS location information from other Rino units.
The Rino 130 offers a detailed basemap of North and South America, displaying cities, highways, railways, rivers and lakes, and borders. And because of the unit's robust internal memory, it can store map data from a variety of Garmin MapSource CD products, including U.S. Topo 24K, U.S. Topo, Recreational Lakes, BlueChart, and MetroGuide.
This patent-pending technology makes it possible to transmit your location to a friend or family member, and they can see the distance and bearing from your position to theirs on a Rino display. In short, this could be a life-saving feature in an outdoor emergency by helping rescuers pinpoint your location-or it could be used simply for rounding up the family at an amusement park.
THE RINO FAMILY:
The Rino Series are the first Garmin GPS-enabled handheld devices for the Family Radio Service (FRS) and high-performance General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) markets. These GPS devices integrate radio functionality to provide two-way communications up to two miles using FRS channels and up to five miles using GMRS channels.
Inspired by the distinctive offset FRS and GPS antennas that give the devices their Rhinoceros-like appearance, GARMIN designed the Rino series as powerful, robust Radios Integrated with Navigation for the Outdoors. They are also the only waterproof two-way radios on the market.
What really separates the Rino from the rest of the FRS/GMRS herd is the ability to "beam" your exact location to another Rino user within a two-mile range (Peer-to-Peer Positioning)).
The Rino boasts GARMIN's traditional tough, lightweight, waterproof design to handle the rigors of any outdoor adventure. And because the Rino has standard FRS capabilities, you can talk to friends or family who own conventional FRS radios.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
Rino 130 features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- 12-channel, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- Transmit power: 1 watt on high power (for GMRS channels), .5 watt for low power (FRS channels)
- Transmit distance: up to 2 miles using FRS, up to 5 miles with GMRS
- 14 FRS channels, 8 GMRS channels, and 8 GMRS-repeater channels
- 38 sub-audible squelch codes per transmission channel for semi-private radio communications
- Electronic compass displays accurate heading while standing still
- Barometric sensor with automatic pressure trend recording
- Detects up to 7 NOAA weather channels with weather alert mode
- 1.4" x 1.4" display size
• External voice activation (VOX)
- Waterproof to IPX-7 standards (immersible in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- Ergonomic design for one-handed operation, with Call and Press-To-Talk (PTT) and Page mode buttons on the side, Power/Backlighting button on top, Volume and Zoom buttons on front, and center Thumb Stick
- Unique Thumb Stick for channel selection and volume adjustment in FRS/GMRS mode, and quick map panning, enter and selection functions in GPS mode
- Sends and receives GPS location using FRS channels and shows them on the map
- Stores up to 500 waypointswith graphic identification; 20 reversible routes with up to 30 points each with TrackBack
- Robust track log: 10,000 trackpoints and up to 20 saved tracks to retrace user's path or companion's path via location-reporting feature
- Trip computer with speed tracking, sunrise/sunset read out, trip time, and trip distance
- Includes a polling feature which allows a user to manually request GPS location information from other Rino units
- Sends and receives short text notes for quiet communication
- Built-in basemap for North and South America
- 24-MB internal memory for loading MapSource detail, including U.S. Topo 24K, U.S. Topo, Recreational Lakes, BlueChart, and MetroGuide.
- Battery life of 14 hours (typical use) on three AA alkaline batteries
- Backlit display
- More than 10 position formats and over 100 map datums
- Multiple grid formats including MGRS and Loran TD
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||2.3 x 4.5 x 1.6 inches, 7 inches high with antenna (5.8 x 11.4 x 1.6 cm, 17.8 cm with antenna)
||Display size, WxH:
||1.4 x 1.4 inches (3.6 x 3.6 cm)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||160 x 160 pixels
||4 level grayscale LCD
||7.6 oz (236 g) with batteries
||3 AA batteries (Not included)
||RoHS version available:
||Ability to add maps:
||Accepts data cards:
||Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads):
||10,000 points, 20 saved tracks
||Sun and moon information:
||FRS and GMRS
||0.5 watts FRS; 1.0 watt GMRS
||Up to 2 miles over FRS; up to 5 miles over GMRS
||VOX (voice activation):
||Location reporting (send and receive GPS positions):
||NOAA weather radio:
||External temperature recording:
|(View more comments.)|
|Great website. Easy to find & compare products, great prices, fast shipping. Thanks!|
Robb O. OH, May 16/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13
|Excellent service and ease of ordering|
Crestman, May 10/13
|After researching for my first Motorcycle GPS I purchased a Zumo 660 LM. GPS City has all the info you could ever want and I am very pleased with their web site and service|
Matthew M. GA, May 9/13
|Very impressed with the prompt shipping and packaging of the item. Will order again from GPS City again|
larry, May 8/13