Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (3 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more GoPro items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
|View the compete list of 1 questions and 3 answers for the GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition in our Q&As.
Or visit our Q&A Home Page.|
|Here are a few of the most recent questions asked by users and customers of the GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition.|
||Will the GoPro HD Hero 2 be available for sale?
||1.5 years ago
Here are the top accessories for this item. View the complete accessory list for this item.
DaneElec 32GB SDHC Data Card Class 10
GoPro HD HERO and HD HERO2 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
GoPro HD HERO LCD Backpac
GoPro HD HERO Battery Backpac
RAM Mount GoPro Hero Vacuum Suction Mount
GoPro HERO Tripod Mount Adapter
What's Included In The Box?
|The GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition ships with the following items included:|
- 1 11MP HD HERO2 Camera
- 1 Waterproof Housing (197 / 60m)
- 1 HD Skeleton Backdoor
- 1 Rechargeable Li-on Battery
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Vented Helmet Strap
- 1 Head Strap
- 2 Curved Surface Adhesive Mounts
- 2 Flat Surface Adhesive Mounts
- 1 3-Way Pivot Arm
- Assorted Mounting Hardware
||October 25, 2011
||November 14, 2011
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 3 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Big Dog
February 23, 2012
BIG DOGSo far a great product, have been using it as a helmet cam for snowmobiling, video at 720p is fantastic, battery could … More
•Pros: great video
•Cons: battery life in cold weather
12 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Nmadic Drift
January 19, 2012
AWESOME CAMERAThis camera is a blast. I had the Hero 1080 and loved it, but the Hero 2 is so much better. Hero 1 was great. During … More
•Pros: great vid, easy use, small/compact, best$in canada
•Cons: none yet
12 viewers found this helpful.
Written by iav8
January 17, 2012
GREAT OUTDOOR VIDEOSI use the Go Pro for snowbaording videos. The waterproof housing and wide feild of view are perfect for this applic … More
•Pros: does all it claims to great quality
•Cons: view screen is an extra-cost option
27 viewers found this helpful.
GoPro HD HERO2 Motorsports Edition
GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition
GoPro HD HERO2 Surf Edition
| || || |
GoPro cameras are used by more professional athletes, sports filmmakers, and core enthusiasts than any other camera in the world. The HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition is the most advanced GoPro camera yet. Wearable and gear mountable, waterproof to 197′ (60m), capable of capturing professional full 170º wide angle 1080p video and 11 megapixel photos at a rate of 10 photos per second, the HD HERO2 is the world’s most versatile camera. Whether your goal is to capture a great day out with friends or you’re gunning for the cover of a magazine, the HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition can help you nail it and look like a HERO.
Included are mounting accessories you’re most likely to use during outdoor sports like biking, skiing, skating, kayaking and so on. Other accessories are available via links on the right hand side of this page.
The HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition is compatible with all GoPro expansion accessories and BacPacs™, including the Wi-Fi BacPac and Wi-Fi Remote (coming soon).
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
2X More Powerful in Every Way
- Professional 11MP Sensor
- 2x Faster Image Processor
- 2X Sharper Glass Lens
- Professional Low Light Performance
- Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p and 720p Video
- 120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
- Full 170º and Medium 127º FOV Photos
- 10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
- 1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode
- 3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
- Simple Language-based User Interface
- Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ Compatible (coming soon)
- Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras
- Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback + Control via GoPro App
- Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web
- 2X Sharper Professional Glass Lens
- f/2.8 Fixed Focus
- 170º Wide FOV (Including 1080p)
- 127º Medium FOV (In 1080p + 720p)
- 90º Narrow FOV
- HD RESOLUTIONS:
- 1080p: 1920×1080, 30PFS
- 960p: 1280×960, 48FPS + 30FPS
- 720p: 1280×720, 60PFS + 30FPS
- STANDARD DEFINITION RESOLUTIONS
- WVGA: 848×480, 120FPS + 60FPS
- High Performance,1 /2.3” CMOS Image Sensor
- Light Sensitivity: .84 V/lux-sec
- Video Format: H.264 codec, .mp4 File Format
- Exposure Control: Spot, Center Weighted
- White Balance: Auto
- RESOLUTIONS: 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP
- FOV: Wide 170º FOV, Medium 127º FOV
- CAPTURE MODES: Single, 10 Photo Burst, Time-Lapse*, Self-Timer
- * Now supports time-lapse photo every 0.5 seconds. Requires Class 10 speed SD Card.
- Mono, 48 kHz, AAC Compression, Auto Gain Control
- Stereo External Microphone Input (3.5mm)
- SDHC: Up to 32GB (Class 4 or Higher)
- AVERAGE RECORDING TIME WITH 32GB SD CARD:
- 1080p30: 4 hours
- 960p30: 6 hours
- 720p60: 4 hours
- 720p30: 6 hours
- WVGA 120: 4.5 hours
Battery & Charging
- USB Cable For Charging and Data Transfer
- 1100mah Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Charge via USB
Compatible with all GoPro BacPacs
- Microsoft Windows® Vista, 7 and Later
- Mac OS® x 10.5 and Later
*Compatible with future firmware release
- Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ (Coming Soon)
- LCD BacPac™
- Battery BacPac™
- 3D HERO® System*
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|If someone is thinking about purchasing GPS equipment there is no other place to do business but GPS City. You are customer service the way it should be.......Customer focused. And this level of service has been the mainstay of GPS City for over 10 years which has been my experiences|
Don, May 24/13
Yampol, May 23/13
|Excellent service and very fast arrival of order|
Luci, May 20/13
|Wow, the manufacturers could learn a few things from GPS City! Thoroughly enjoyed the extensive video tutorials and comparisons. I really hope I am as happy with this product as I am with the buying experience at GPS City!|
Wayne S. TN, May 19/13
|Best price I found on the net - and free shipping make this a real deal!|
Dov F. NY, May 14/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13