Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (2 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Holux items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the GPSlim GR-236 BlueTooth GPS. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Holux GPSlim GR-236 BlueTooth GPS? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
What's Included In The Box?
|The Holux GPSlim GR-236 BlueTooth GPS ships with the following items included:|
- GPSlim GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
- Car Charger
- Travel Charger
- Tool CD
||Mobile Computer GPS
||December 12, 2005
||December 22, 2005
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Holux GPSlim GR-236 BlueTooth GPS in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Holux GPSlim GR-236 BlueTooth GPS.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 2 reviews for this item.)|
Written by B. Hughes
December 31, 1969
|I use this with iGuidance on my iPAQ H4350. It works flawlessly, and always provides excellent signal strength. … More
50 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Wayne MacPhail
December 31, 1969
|Using this with my Treo 650 (with Bluetooth) and Geoniche software. It's great. No brainer connection with my Treo and i … More
42 viewers found this helpful.
The HOLUX GPSlim GR-236 Wireless Bluetooth GPS Receiver is a total solution GPS receiver with Bluetooth, UART interface and built-in rechargeable battery for high sensitivity to tracking signal.
GPSlim236 design is based on SiRF Star III low power Architecture.
GPSlim236 is a dual-function GPS receiver. Not only transmit satellite information through the PDA or Notebook with Bluetooth interfaces but also is a G-Mouse GPS Receiver through a data cable to deliver satellite signal to the device without Bluetooth interface.
This positioning application meets strict needs such as car navigation, mapping, surveying, security, agriculture and so on. Only clear view of sky and certain power supply are necessary to the unit. GPSlim236 contacts to other device through Bluetooth device, compatible interface of RS-232 or USB, and built-in recharge battery to save satellite information such as the status of satellite signal, the last location, date and time of last use.
With low power consumption, the GPSlim236 tracks up to 20 satellites at a time, re-acquires satellite signals in 100 ms and updates position data every second.
Trickle-Power allows the unit operates a fraction of the time and Push-to-Fix permits user to have a quick position fix even though the receiver usually stays off.
Note: Non-Bluetooth products will require a Bluetooth adapter to connect to the GPSlim GR-236 unit.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
GPSlim GR-236 BlueTooth GPS features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- Use SiRF Star III chipset
- 20 channel GPS Receiver for fast acquisition and reacquisition
- 200,000 effective correlators for fast Time To First Fix (TTFF), even at poor satellite signal
- Built-in WAAS/EGNOS Demodulator
- Compatible with Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) completely
- Built-in rechargeable/ changeable Lithium-ion battery for at least 10 hours operation
- Built-in rechargeable battery for memory for RTC backup and fast Time To First Fix (TTFF)
- Support NMEA0183 v2.2 data protocol or SiRF binary code
- FLASH based program memory. New software revisions upgradeable through serial interface
- Provide expand terminal and can contact to other system without Bluetooth device
Holux GPSlim GR-236 Bluetooth Receiver
- Tracks up to 20 satellites
- Receiver: L1, C/A code
- Update rate: 1 HZ(max)
- Antenna Type: Built in Patch Antenna
- Minimum signal tracked: -159dBm
- Dimension: 46.3 ( W ) x 67 ( L ) x 19 ( H ) mm
- Weight : < 56g
- On/off switch: slide switcher
- Lithium-ion battery lasts for more than 10 hours of use
- Operation Temperature: -10°F to + 60°F
- Store Temperature: -20°F to + 85°F
- Operation Humidity:5% to 95% No condensing
- 3 Led Function: Bluetooth , Navigation Update and Battery and changer status Indication
Non DGPS (Differential GPS):
- Position : 5-25 m CEP without SA
- Velocity: 0.1m/sec
- Time : 1 usec sync GPS time
- Horizontal Position: < 2.2 m, 95 % of time
- Vertical Position: < 5 m, 95 % of time
- Reacquisition: 0.1 second (average)
- Hot start: < 1 seconds
- Cold start: < 42 seconds
- Warm start:< 38 seconds
- Baud Rate: 38400 bps
- Data bit: 8
- Parity: No
- Stop bit: 1
- NMEA0183 V2.2:
- GPGGA (1 time/1 sec)
- GPGSA (1 time/5 sec)
- GPGSV (1 time /5 sec)
- GPRMC (1 time /1 sec)
- GPVTG (1 time/1 sec)
- GLL or SiRF binary (format optional)
- Compatible Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP), Version1.1 and class 2 (up to 10 meter range)
- GPS signal (Out)/Command(In) with CMOS/TTL Level Mini USB Type B Connector and optional PS2 or USB or RS232 end
External Antenna interface:
- 3.0V input MMCX type active antenna connector
- Altitude : 18,000 m ( 60,000 feet ) max
- Velocity : 736 m/sec ( 1000 knots ) max
- Acceleration : ±4G, max
- Jerk : 20 m/sec, max
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|Great service and fast delivery|
Anon, May 23/13
|tons of products, great prices...and videos! Thanks|
Timothy K. FL, May 22/13
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|excellent phone support and informative web site|
ken w. UT, May 14/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13