Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (7 customer reviews). Email:
50% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Lowrance items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We have 16 videos for this item. We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
Here are the top accessories for this item. View the complete accessory list for this item.
Lowrance Elite 5 Series Cover
RAM Mount Humminbird Screw Down Large Marine Mount
RAM Mount Lowrance and Humminbird Marine Rail Mount RAM-107-231U
Lowrance LGC-16W Elite Series External GPS Antenna
Navionics Gold microSD USA and Northern Bahamas
Navionics Gold microSD Canada Coastal Waters and SE Alaska
What's Included In The Box?
|The Lowrance Elite-5 DSI Gold Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter ships with the following items included:|
- Lowrance Elite-5 DSI Gold Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter
- Preloaded with Navionics® Gold chartcard featuring coastal U.S. and Canada detail plus major Canadian lakes and Great Lakes coverage
- 455/600 kHz Exclusive Lowrance Transdcuer
- Power/transducer cable
- Base mount
- Document Pack and a One-Year Warranty
||July 21, 2010
||February 18, 2011
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Lowrance Elite-5 DSI Gold Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Lowrance Elite-5 DSI Gold Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 7 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Tom
June 26, 2012
DISAPOINTING TECHNOLOGY FOR 2012I was disappointed with the lack of performance loading maps, zooming, panning and especially regenerating the scree … More
• Pros: great bottom detail
• Cons: hard to interpret detail between bottom & surface
• Recommend? NO
14 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Vince
September 15, 2011
ELITE 5 DSIMy unit did not come with instruction manual. Showed constant interference from downriggers in trolling situations. Gr … More
• Pros: great bottom detail in the ocean.
• Cons: good to 300ft.cord 3-4 ft short for 22ft boat.
• Recommend? YES
17 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Bud
September 1, 2011
OK GPSThe maps are good, a little slow to load and the fish finder is really only good for showing the bottom not fish … More
• Recommend? NO OPINION
12 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Dave
Manitoulin Island, ON
August 9, 2011
DISAPPOINTED IN THIS GPS/SONAR FOR THE PRICEI installed this unit in June and disappointed in the product for the price. Set up is complicated, Chart depths/det … More
• Pros: lakes included in chip, screen size
• Cons: no fish finder capability, print size, quality of
• Recommend? NO OPINION
90 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Bud
St. George, ON.
July 17, 2011
ELITE-5 DSI GOLD FISHFINDER/GPS PLOTTERRecently had it installed in my boat. Fairly easy to use. Took a bit to establish a route, but seemed user friendly … More
• Recommend? YES
30 viewers found this helpful.
Lowrance Elite-5 DSI Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter
Lowrance Elite-5x DSI Color Fishfinder
| || || || |
Lowrance Elite-5 Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter
Lowrance Elite-5 Gold Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter
Lowrance Elite-5x Fishfinder
Lowrance Elite-5m GPS Chartplotter
Lowrance Elite-5m Gold GPS Chartplotter
Unique new fishfinding imaging, precision GPS navigation and brilliant 5 in./12.7 cm color viewing detail and suprisingly affordable.
Coming Early 2011!
With the incredible new standalone Elite-5 DSI imaging fishfinder with chartplotter, you're equipped with a technologically new way to look at finding -- and fishing -- hot spots…clearly… precisely…and especially affordably.
- Exclusive Lowrance down-looking sonar imaging innovation
- Detailed, automatic photo-like viewing locates prime fishing spots under the boat
- Easy-to-use with manual
- Brilliant 5 in./12.7 cm
480x480 pixel SolarMAX™
256-color TFT detail
- 2,400W peak-to-peak
500W RMS power
- Dual-coverage imaging;
455/800 kHz fishfinding
- TrackBack™ feature scrolls-back sonar history to review and set waypoints
- Built-in precision GPS antenna and detailed basemap U.S. inland waters and coasts
- Multiple map/chart card options
- Packed with a special-issue Navionics® Gold chartcard featuring coastal U.S. and Canada detail, plus major Canadian lakes and Great Lakes coverage.
Exclusive Lowrance DownScan Imaging™ innovation displays crystal-clear photo-like views of the underwater worlds below the boat. No interpretation needed to see:
Dual 455/800 kHz Coverage
- Thermoclines Exposed – clearly see the boundary layer between the lower cooler water and, upper warmer, oxygen-rich zone where fish hang
- Fish Truly Revealed – Elite-5 DSI imaging leaves nothing to the imagination, clearly showing predator fish and baitfish schools
- Bottoms Uncovered – you easily distinguish between hard and soft bottoms, as well as fish and structure on/near the bottom
- Structure Disclosed – with photo-like views you can recognize all manner of structure at a glance, like bridge pilings, laydowns, ledges, drop-offs, vegetation, wrecks; no interpretation needed
Selectable 455 kHz sounding for wider and deeper sonar imaging coverage, with 800 kHz for enhanced viewing of targeted locations.
More Power (and Depth and Speed) to You
Elite-5 DSI fishfinders transmit 2,400W peak-to-peak/300W RMS power with recently-tested depths* to 200 ft./61 m, and impressive bottom readings at boat speeds up to 40 mph. Optimum imaging speed of 8 mph and under.
Slim new low-profile, high-speed, transom-mount imaging transducer with exclusive down-looking crystal and built-in temp sensor, and trolling motor-mount bracket option.
Precision GPS Position Accuracy
Internal, front-mounted, high-sensitivity 16-channel GPS antenna for superior navigation guidance, even when mounted in-dash. External antenna option available.
Multiple Map/Chart Options
Waterproof microSD media card slot accepts the most up-to-date mapcard options including Fishing Hot Spots® Pro USA and LakeMaster® in the U.S., and Navionics® Gold worldwide.
Higher-resolution 5 in./12.7, 480x480 pixel SolarMAX™ 256-color TFT displays deliver unmatched viewing brightness and detail at wider angles and bright sunlight. Adjustable fluorescent cold-cathode backlit screen and keypad for low-light or night angling.
Pick Your Favorite Color
Expanded sonar imaging display color palette choices offers optimum viewing for personal preference and water/light conditions.
Full Automatic or Manual
Elite-5 DSI is so advanced it's easy to use, with automatic fine-tuning for the best sonar imaging picture possible after power-up. Advanced User Mode for full manual control of settings.
TrackBack™ Into Sonar History
Enjoy immediate scroll-back of imaging sonar history to review covered water and pinpoint spots (saves time and fuel trying to re-trace your path). With Elite-5 DSI, mark a waypoint at your cursor location with a simple press of a button.
Easy to Install and Use
Unique new keypad and quick-release bracket design offers easy installation, plus one-hand viewing adjustment, operation at-speed, and removal/reinstall.
Simplified menu with text and icons for faster and easier selections.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
Elite-5 DSI Gold Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
SONAR / SOUNDER
- Display Size 5 in \ 127 mm
- Display Resolution 480x480 (H x W)
- Display Type 256-color SolarMAX™ TFT
- Backlighting Fluorescent cold cathode
- Backlighting Levels Adjustable screen/keypad
- Languages Supported 23
GPS / NAVIGATION
- Sonar Frequency 455/800 kHz
- Transducer Type Exclusive Lowrance dedicated down-looking sonar imaging crystal innovation; high-speed low-profile with built-in water surface temperature sensor; transom or trolling-motor mounting
- Sonar Output Power Max Peak-to-peak 2,400W / RMS 500 W
- Sonar Depth Max 200 ft \ 61 m
- Sonar Imaging Speed Up to 40 mph/64 kph tracking bottom (pre-release prototypical)
- Optimum imaging <9 mph/<14 kph
- Sonar Alarms: Fish, Max and Min Depth Yes
- Depth Alarm Yes
- Shallow Alarm Yes
- Temperature Display Yes
NETWORKING / CONNECTORS
TECHNICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL
- GPS Antenna Type: Internal high-sensitivity WAAS + EGNOS + MSAS (optional external antenna)
GPS Receiver Channels: 16 channels
- Background Map: World reference basemap or (U.S. models) over 3,000 enhanced lake maps with depth contour and shoreline detail, plus coastal depth contours/shoreline detail and spot depth soundings to 1,000 ft./305 m
- Custom Mapping: Includes Navionics® Gold chartcards (U.S. Coastal and Canada Inland/Coastal). Optional Fishing Hot Spots® and LakeMaster® mapcards (U.S.) in microSD format
- Waypoint Storage: 3000
- Route:s 100
- Plot Trails: 100 retraceable plot trails/up to 10,000 points per trail
- GPS Alarms: Yes
- Built-in Backup Memory Yes
- Waterproof Standard Sealed and waterproof, suitable for saltwater use
- Width 6.9 in \ 174 mm
- Height 5.4 in \ 136 mm
- Depth 2.5 in \ 63 mm
- Memory Card Capable One (1) waterproof microSD card slot
- Other Features
Unique TrackBack™ feature offers immediate scroll-back to review multiple pages of sonar imaging history with cursor, plus mark/save waypoints to GPS memory for display and future return.
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||6.9 x 5.4 x 2.5 inches (174 x 136 x 63 mm)
||Display size, WxH:
||5 inches (127mm)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||480 x 480 pixels
||256-color SolarMAX™ PLUS TFT
||RoHS version available:
||Map coverage area:
||Ability to add maps:
||Marine Software Compatible:
||Accepts data cards:
||microSD data card
||100 retraceable plot trails/up to 10,000
||Yes (NMEA 0183)
||Dual-frequency sonar capable
||455 / 800kHz
||500W RMS, 2400W PTPW
||Max 200 ft 61 m
|(View more comments.)|
|GPS City is one of the BEST if not THE BEST. GPS City is the go to GPS Merchent IMHO!|
Algonquin Traveler, Jun 15/13
|Amazing site, folks|
Debra R. PA, Jun 14/13
|Great customer service!|
Jon, Jun 14/13
|Always great service and selection, thanks gpscity!|
Esteban, Jun 11/13
|One of the best - if not the best- shopping sites and service on the web. Great site design, easy to find what I'm looking for, plus best prices!|
John F. FL, Jun 9/13
|Excellant is not saying enough!|
Seafox, Jun 4/13