Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (1 customer reviews). Email:
See more Lowrance items.
Minimum Advertised Price. What's this?
Please call 1-866-GPS-CITY for availability.
||Lowrance HDS-5m Gen2 Nautic Insight GPS Chartplotter
||Brand New, Full Manufacturer Warranty
||Get a Quick Price Match for this item (during business hours).
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the HDS-5m Gen2 Nautic Insight GPS Chartplotter. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
What's Included In The Box?
|The Lowrance HDS-5m Gen2 Nautic Insight GPS Chartplotter ships with the following items included:|
||February 3, 2012
||March 28, 2012
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Lowrance HDS-5m Gen2 Nautic Insight GPS Chartplotter in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Lowrance HDS-5m Gen2 Nautic Insight GPS Chartplotter.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 1 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Junior P.
May 2, 2012
SNOWMOBILE GPSThis seems to be a great unit for boating, forced to buy the marine GPS because I couldn't find a unit with this scree … More
•Pros: bright screen
•Cons: blurred screen in shaded relief setting
•Recommend? NO OPINION
9 viewers found this helpful.
Lowrance HDS-5m Gen2 Nautic Insight GPS Chartplotter
Lowrance HDS-5x Gen2 Multifunction Fishfinder with no Transducer
Lowrance HDS-5x Gen2 Fishfinder with 83 200 kHz Transducer
Lowrance HDS-5x Gen2 Fishfinder with 50 200 kHz Transducer
Lowrance HDS-5 Gen2 Nautic Insight Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter with Transducer
Lowrance HDS-5 Gen2 Nautic Insight Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter no Transducer
Lowrance HDS-5 Gen2 Lake Insight Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter without Transducer
Lowrance HDS-5 Gen2 Lake Insight Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter with Transducer
Lowrance HDS-5 Gen2 Lake Insight Fishfinder and GPS Chartplotter LSS-2 Bundle
|Lowrance FREE Insight Genesis & GoFree WIFI Module
When purchasing any Lowrance HDS Gen2 Product (excluding Touch models) between 5/9/13 and 7/21/13 in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico you will qualify for a FREE Insight Genesis Premium 1-Year Subscription AND PLUS Insight Planner Mapping Software. These both will be shipped to you for FREE
Simply download the rebate form HERE and follow the instructions.
Eligible Products for Offer*:
All HDS Gen2 Models & Part Numbers (excluding Touch models) Any HDS Gen2 product including HDS-5, HDS-5m, HDS-5x, HDS-7, HDS-8, HDS-10 and any manufactured HDS Gen2 Bundle sold in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico qualify for this offer.
All Elite-7 Models and Part Numbers
Any Elite-7 product including Elite-7 HDI, Elite-7, Elite-7m, Elite-7x HDI and any manufactured combos or bundles.
* Valid for listed models only
This offer can be combined with HDS-5 Nautic mail-in rebate.
Reimbursement is not available for purchased Insight Genesis or Insight Planner.
Enjoy HDS high-definition in a popular space-saving size, with an exclusive high-resolution 5 in./12.7 cm display, at an attractive, entry-level HDS Gen2 price. While the splitscreen view with chartplotter and radar is a popular choice, options also include a three-window display.
One waterproof SD card slot to load high-detail charting options (see below). Users can also and save navigational data, and upload future HDS software feature updates.
HDS built-in cartography options:
All HDS models are fully compatible with mapping solutions including Insight HD, Navionics® Gold, Platinum and Platinum+ with TurboView® and Fishing Hot Spots® PRO for the best possible chartplotter experience.
- Americas*: Enhanced U.S. basemap, or intuitive, life-like Insight USA™ mapping.
HDS® Performance Module Add-on Options
*Restricted Areas of Operation:
- StructureScan® sonar imaging module
- The LWX-1 antenna for SIRIUS® weather and radio
- LGC-4000 high-speed GPS receiver
- Broadband 3G™, and Broadband 4G™ Radar
- SonicHub™ marine-audio server
- HD Digital radomes
HDS Units designed for sale in the America's region have restricted functionality outside of the area defined by 30 degrees west longitude to 180 degrees longitude. America's units operating outside of this region are restricted to English language selection only and will not display metric based units. Inside the America's region, these units have full feature set functionality.
Lowrance manufactures WorldWide HDS models that have no feature set restrictions and meet all local and regional requirements for operation. Worldwide HDS models are available from dealers and distributors based outside the America's region only.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
HDS-5m Gen2 Nautic Insight GPS Chartplotter features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- New, fastest HDS® ever
- Realtime StructureMap™ capability
- Super-accurate, internal GPS antenna
- High-bright, sunlight-viewable display with cold-cathode, fluorescent backlighting.
- TrackBack™ feature to review sonar history and save waypoints on key locations.
- Built-in Insight™ USA mapping option (Americas models) or Navionics® world background map.
- High-detail mapping options including Insight HD, Navionics® Platinum+ with TurboVIew™, and Fishing Hot Spots® PRO
- NMEA 2000® and high-speed Ethernet networking options
- Two-year limited warranty
GPS / NAVIGATION
- Display Size: 5 in \ 127 mm
- Display Resolution: 480 x 480 (H x W)
- Display Type: 16-bit color SolarMAX™ PLUS TFT
- Backlighting: Screen/Keypad
- Backlighting Type: Flourescent (CCFL) backlit screen, LED keypad backlight
- Sonar And GPS Overlay Data: Yes
- Split Screen Presentation: Yes
- Multilanguage Display: Yes
- Languages Supported: 32
- GPS Antenna Type: Internal, high-sensitivity GPS+WAAS (Americas) or GPS+EGNOS+MSAS (non-Americas)
- Background Map: Nautic Insight HD™ (Americas) or Worldwide background map (non-Americas)
- Custom Mapping: Optional Lowrance Lake Insight™ HD, Lake Insight™ PRO, Nautic Insight™ HD, Nautic Insight™ PRO, Navionics Platinum+ and Platinum chartcards with Turboview™ for worldwide coverage - as well as Navionics® HotMaps Platinum, Fishing Hot Spots® PRO and legacy LakeMaster® Promaps
- Waypoint Storage: 5000
- Routes: 200
- Plot Trails: Up to 10 trails - up to 12,000 points/trail
- Man Overboard Feature: Yes
- GPS Alarms: Yes
NETWORKING / CONNECTORS
- Antenna Type: Optional Lowrance radar choices available
TECHNICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL
- NMEA 0183 Input: Yes
- NMEA 0183 Interface: Type 422 [(1) Tx (1) Rx]
- NMEA 2000 Certified: Yes
- NMEA Output: 0183/2000
- Connectors: NMEA 2000®, NMEA 0183 and Ethernet
- Built-in Backup Memory: Yes
- Casing: Sealed and waterproof IPX7
- Width: 7.3 in \ 185 mm
- Height: 5.8 in \ 147 mm
- Depth: 4 in \ 102 mm
- Operating Temperature: (5F - 130F) (-15C - 55C)
- Power Supply: 10 - 17 vDC
- Power Consumption: 0.7A at 13 vDC with backlight on, 0.4A with backlight off
- NMEA 2000 Load Equivalency Number: 1 network load (50mA)
- Memory Card Capable: One SD/MMC memory card slot
- Operating Temperature Stored: (-40F - 185F) (-40C - 85C)
- Other Features:
- Performance Modules: Ethernet networking, optional SIRIUS Satellite Weather/Radio, Broadband Radar, Digital Radar, SonicHub, AIS, DSC VHF
- New 2-year limited warranty
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||7.3in W x5.8in H x 4.0in D
||Display size, WxH:
||5.0in Diameter (127 mm)
||Display resolution, WxH:
||16-bit color VGA SolarMAX™ PLUS TFT
||Map coverage area:
||Ability to add maps:
||Street Map Compatible:
||Topographic Map Compatible:
||Marine Software Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Map Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Vision Map Compatible:
||Accepts data cards:
||SD data card
||Built-in High-Definition Insight™ Mapping Options (Americas) or Navionics World Background map (non-Americas)
||10 trails - up to 12,000 points/trail
||Marine Network™ compatible
||XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible
||Yes (NMEA 2000/0183)
||Dual-beam sonar capable
||Dual-frequency sonar capable
|(View more comments.)|
|Excellent delivery times for all that I have ordered from you. Keep up the good work. Pass to the boys outback|
S, May 17/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13
|Great Prices !!! thank you !|
Maher Q. MN, May 10/13
|After researching for my first Motorcycle GPS I purchased a Zumo 660 LM. GPS City has all the info you could ever want and I am very pleased with their web site and service|
Matthew M. GA, May 9/13
|GPS City is the BEST retailer period!!! I have been a customer for years and you never fail me|
Richard, May 7/13