Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (4 customer reviews). Email:
50% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more Lowrance items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the HDS-8 Fishfinder GPS Chartplotter. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Lowrance HDS-8 Fishfinder GPS Chartplotter? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
|View the compete list of 2 questions and 2 answers for the Lowrance HDS-8 Fishfinder GPS Chartplotter in our Q&As.
Or visit our Q&A Home Page.|
|Here are a few of the most recent questions asked by users and customers of the Lowrance HDS-8 Fishfinder GPS Chartplotter.|
||water temperature reading
||43 days ago
||Multiple Lowrance HDS-8 Questions
||2.9 years ago
||November 30, 1999
||May 21, 2009
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Lowrance HDS-8 Fishfinder GPS Chartplotter in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Lowrance HDS-8 Fishfinder GPS Chartplotter.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 4 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Big DOUG
April 17, 2012
LOWRANCE OR HUMMINGBIRD?I chose the HDS8 Gen2 because I was familar with the older 522gps sonar. It was a fast learn process to convert from … More
•Pros: structure scan, hd display ease of use.
•Cons: likes to reboot itself for now reason.
14 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Brother
August 29, 2010
HDS-8i did buy a HDS-8 and the mapping is horryble Lowrance are working only for the US side dont buy one if you leave so … More
•Cons: gps mapping horryble
89 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Lin
May 23, 2010
DON'T BUY THIS USELESS PRODUCTI had high hopes for this unit. Unfortunately, Lowrance and Navionics seem intent on marketing products that are simpl … More
•Pros: good sonar
•Cons: poor charts, poor information display,
116 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Lloyd
June 23, 2009
BEST DEPTH/FISHFINDER ON MARKETVery High res, top of the line. … More
•Pros: very clear top of the line.
•Cons: still in update stage, website updates required.
209 viewers found this helpful.
NEW SOLARMAX+ DISPLAY
- Award-winning 8.4" super VGA resolution display for excellent sonar graph and navigational detail in a right-sized solution
- Brilliant, sunlight viewable pure-white LED screen/keypad backlighting with brighter, clearer wide-angle viewing and the ability to dim to zero to preserve vision at night
Unequalled Lowrance sounder performance now enhanced with built-in Broadband Sounder technology inside.
- Superior clarity and up to an astounding 120-degree view of water column to find more fish.
- Phenomenal separation of fish targets from structure, baitfish, thermoclines, clutter and bottom.
- Improved underwater fish-holding structure identification; channels, rock piles, stump beds, submerged standing timber, drop-offs and more.
- Exceptional fish-finding performance in any water/weather situation, at all depths and at any speed.
- Peerless bottom tracking performance now with up to 8X zoom range.
- COLORLINE™ enhances target separation and bottom composition definition.
- Maintains full suite of advanced, Lowrance professional grade fishfinder features and functions.
HIGHLY DEFINED AND REFINED INTERFACE
- Built-in high sensitivity GPS antenna with superior time-to-location lock and precision position -- NMEA 2000® networkable
- Optional LGC-4000 external GPS antenna module with high speed 5 Hz update rate available for custom applications -- NMEA 2000® networkable
- Built-in base map including coastal shorelines, over 100,000 searchable lakes and water bodies, and highly accurate detailed shorelines and contours for over 4,000 lakes
- Supports all Navionics® content including Platinum Plus, Platinum and Platinum Hot Maps on plug-and-play memory cards
- Also supports all legacy Lowrance charts
- LakeMaster® ProMaps surveyed lakes with high-detail depth contours.
- Fishing Hot Spots® PRO with fishing points of interest.
- NauticPath™ offshore/coastal maps, FreedomMaps™ land and lake topographic maps and MapCreate USA Series 7.
ADVANCED NETWORKING AND EXPANDABILITY
- New FlyWheel™ dial and capacitive touch soft keys features provide anglers with quicker, easier control and fine-tuning of fishfinding and navigational features
- Attractive new case design that is easier to install
- Waterproof SD/MMC memory card slots to plug-and-play high-detail cartography options, save-load user GPS data
- Newest high-capacity high-speed flash memory for user functions and cartography storage reduces case size for a more compact performance package
- Enhanced menu structure offers quick and easy access to most-used features
- Improved keyboard design for more intuitive and ergonomic control in all weather conditions
- Simplified high-speed Ethernet-based networking shares useful sonar, navigation and radar data
- Exclusive new SIRIUS Satellite Weather and Audio smart antenna module, with ethernet output to displays and high quality audio output to any onboard stereo; available with unique SIRIUS subscription packages
- Inland content package including weather radar, lightning, other weather features, plus real time fuel prices and sports scores for low monthly cost.
- Coastal content package including full suite of weather and sea conditions.
- 120 channel crystal clear audio functionality added for a small additional monthly fee
- Compatible with Lowrance High Definition Digital Radar radome options with radar/chart overlay feature (with optional heading sensor)
- NMEA 2000® network connectivity for easy multi-station data sharing to monitor and display boat operation systems via onboard and engine sensors
- Maximize fuel economy with Fuel Flow sensors or digital Engine Interface sensors.
- Precision temperature sensor option for surface water, livewell, baitwell, cabin and/or engine room readings.
- Compatible with all other NMEA 2000®-certified sensors from Lowrance -- including speed, fluid level and pressure sensors - or other manufacturers.
- Track-Your-Buddy and Get-Buddy features in addition to DSC when interfaced with Lowrance-compatible VHF marine radios
- NMEA 0183 compatible
||Unit dimensions, WxHxD:
||10.6in W x 7.8in H x 3.7in D
||Display size, WxH:
||8 in Diameter
||Display resolution, WxH:
||16-bit color Super VGA SolarMAX™ PLUS TFT
||Map coverage area:
||Ability to add maps:
||Street Map Compatible:
||Topographic Map Compatible:
||Marine Software Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Map Compatible:
||Bluechart g2 Vision Map Compatible:
||Accepts data cards:
||SD data card
||Built-in High-Definition Insight™ Mapping Options (Americas) or Navionics World Background map (non-Americas)
||10 trails - up to 12,000 points/trail
||Marine Network™ compatible
||XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. compatible
||Yes (NMEA 2000/0183)
||Dual-beam sonar capable
||Dual-frequency sonar capable
|(View more comments.)|
|Wow, the manufacturers could learn a few things from GPS City! Thoroughly enjoyed the extensive video tutorials and comparisons. I really hope I am as happy with this product as I am with the buying experience at GPS City!|
Wayne S. TN, May 19/13
|Great website. Easy to find & compare products, great prices, fast shipping. Thanks!|
Robb O. OH, May 16/13
|You guys had great shipping and I liked being able to read the reviews of your service before I ordered. It put my mind at ease ordering from a company I had not dealt with before. Thanks!|
Captain NoBeard, May 13/13
|RAM Mounts referred, thanks!|
Diana C. CO, May 13/13
|Great Prices !!! thank you !|
Maher Q. MN, May 10/13
|Very impressed with the prompt shipping and packaging of the item. Will order again from GPS City again|
larry, May 8/13