Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
|Not yet rated. Email:
See more Magellan items.
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Accessories may still
be available for this item. Click to view accessories.
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the Mobile Mapper CX. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
Magellan Mobile Mapper CX? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
|View the compete list of 1 questions and 3 answers for the Magellan Mobile Mapper CX in our Q&As.
Or visit our Q&A Home Page.|
|Here are a few of the most recent questions asked by users and customers of the Magellan Mobile Mapper CX.|
||MAGELLAN MMCX SKU MOBILE MAPPER CX - LC 990586 A
||246 days ago
What's Included In The Box?
|The Magellan Mobile Mapper CX ships with the following items included:|
- MobileMapper CX Receiver
- I/O Module
- Universal A/C Adapter
- Li-ion battery
- Data Cable
- Carrying Case
- Companion CD
- 2 Stylus pens
- 128 MB SD Card
||GIS Survey GPS
||August 11, 2008
||August 11, 2008
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the Magellan Mobile Mapper CX in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the Magellan Mobile Mapper CX.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
There are currently no reviews for the Magellan Mobile Mapper CX.
MobileMapper CX: the Next Generation for GIS
Support of wireless technologies (Bluetooth and WLAN), DGPS networking capabilities, huge storage capability, field-replaceable all-day battery, built-in alphanumeric keypad, and a design that can withstand extreme outdoor conditions ensures that the MobileMapper CX delivers uncompromised performance and productivity.
Together with Magellan's Mobile Mapping application, MobileMapper CX offers a turn-key solution for all your GIS needs. The software is intuitive, making proficient use quick and easy with minimum training, and includes the GPS features you really need without the burden of overly complicated, rarely used functions.
Driven by the powerful office support software, MobileMapper Office, MobileMapper CX provides clear and simple data display, editing and export capabilities. MobileMapper CX will help you to create or update maps for analysis and storage in a Geographic Information System.
High performance features:
Real-time sub-meter and sub-foot post-processed GPS accuracy
Open platform based on Windows CE .NET 5.0
Multiple DGPS modes: SBAS, Beacon, NTRIP, RTCM
Support of Bluetooth and WLAN technologies
Removable SD card memory (up to 4 GB)
Rugged and waterproof design
Field replaceable all-day battery
Built-in alphanumeric keypad
The MobileMapper CX Advantage
- Flexibility: An open platform design allows you to use the MobileMapper CX with Magellan's Mobile Mapping software or a number of supported GIS applications provided by our authorized business partners.
- Accuracy: Multiple DGPS modes and configurations insure that accurate positioning is always a possibility. Real time sub-meter accuracy is now a reality with the MobileMapper CX and sub-foot accuracy is attainable in post-processing.
- Affordability: At almost half the price of comparable GPS/GIS units in the market, the MobileMapper CX gives you the freedom to equip your team with a complete GPS/GIS solution.
- Ruggedness: Rough weather and falls are no match for the MobileMapper CX. With its rubberized casing and resistance to water you can use it anywhere, anytime.
MobileMapper CX Applications:
Natural Resources/ Environment: A highly sensitive GPS receiver means you will get high performance even in dense canopy cover. Area and boundary mapping is easy with intuitive mapping applications. Wetland delineation, environmental protection or land parcel measurements are easily and accurately completed in the field with the MobileMapper CX.
Oil and Gas: In conditions that are not always the most pleasant the MobileMapper CX stands up and performs without problem. Field mapping is made simple with the wide array of software applications and the easy to use controls. Its rugged enough to get dirty right along side you.
Utilities and Local Government Agencies: Connecting field and office GIS is made easy with the MobileMapper CX. Modifications to GIS files are easily made in the field and updated in the office. Managing assets is made simple and precise. With added vehicle navigation entire job routes can be calculated and executed making efficient use of time.
Agriculture: Ideally suited for agricultural applications, MobileMapper CX gives you the power to make accurate area and boundary measurements on native, fallow or cultivated parcels of land. MobileMapper CX is an excellent tool for mapping fields that may be eligible for subsidies such as European Union aid payment or US crop insurance.
Public safety: The rugged exterior and versality of software applications make MobileMapper CX the first choice for Public Safety planning. Creation of first-response plans, mapping fire boundaries, crime location, disease incidence and storm damage mapping are conveniently done with one simple tool.
Please note: Thales Navigation is now Magellan Professional.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
Mobile Mapper CX features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- 14 parallel channels
- Integrated SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS)
- L1 C/A code and carrier
- Update rate: 1 Hz
- Protocol: NMEA 0183 v 3.0
- RTCM SC-104 version 2.3 (9.2 & 1.2)
Real-Time Performance (RMS)
- Sub-meter accuracy with SBAS, Beacon, NTRIP, Direct IP or other RTCM corrections
- Accuracy assumes open sky environment, #SVs > 5 and PDOP < 4
Post-processing Performance (RMS)
- Sub-foot accuracy (30 cm)
- Assuming GPSDifferential Module and GPS precision antenna are used for raw data capturing
- Microsoft Windows CE .NET 5.0
- ARM920T based processor
- GPS Utilities - provides initialization and setup, mission planning and configuration of optional beacon differential receiver
- Bluetooth Manager - full-featured Bluetooth connectivity configuration utility
- Microsoft WordPad, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, Terminal, ActiveSync, Windows Media Player and Inbox
- Microsoft File Viewers: Excel, Word and Image Viewers
- Inbox - e-mail client
- Wireless LAN Driver(3)
Size and Weight
- Size: 19.5 cm x 9 cm x 4.6 cm (7.7 x 3.5 in x 7.7 in x 1.8 in)
- Weight: 0.48 kg (1.05 lb) with battery
- Full color, daylight readable, advanced TFT liquid crystal display (LCD) with backlight
- 320 x 240 pixels resolution with 262,144 colors
- Resistive touch panel
- Alphanumeric keyboard with backlight: 18 buttons
- Audio: built-in loud speaker
- 128 MB SDRAM, 128 MB NAND Flash memory
- Removable SD card memory: up to 4 GB (non-HC SD)
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology
- Specification 1.2 compliant
- Point-to-point and point-to-multipoint
- Profiles: serial port, OBEX, dial-up networking
- Lemo coaxial external antenna connector
- USB: host and slave
- Operating Temp: -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
- Storage Temp: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
- Weather: IP 54 Standard
- Shock: 1.5 m (4.9 ft) drop to concrete
- Battery type: 3.7 V lithium-ion, 3900 mAh
- Battery life: 8 hour run-time with GPS
- Removable, rechargeable battery
- External power port for extended operation time
- Microsoft Windows CE operating system language support such as English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, simplified Chinese and Japanese
- Emissions Certification
Immunity (EN 55022 Class B)
Susceptibility (EN 50082-1)
FCC and CE certified
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|Excellent service and very fast arrival of order|
Luci, May 20/13
|Best price I found on the net - and free shipping make this a real deal!|
Dov F. NY, May 14/13
|Easy site to search,setup acct and order|
Ken D. NY, May 13/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13
|Your company had all individual parts needed that other did not at a great price! Thank you.. |
Brian J. NH, May 10/13
|After researching for my first Motorcycle GPS I purchased a Zumo 660 LM. GPS City has all the info you could ever want and I am very pleased with their web site and service|
Matthew M. GA, May 9/13