Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (2 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more RAM Mount items.
||$17.02 (and this item ships for $2.49)
Ships today, May 24.
||RAM Mount Twist Lock Suction with Grip-Lock Arm and AMPS Plate
||Brand New, Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty (max 3 years on electronics & lenses)
||Get a Quick Price Match for this item (during business hours).
|We have 3 videos for this item. We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
RAM Mount Twist Lock Suction with Grip-Lock Arm and AMPS Plate? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
There are currently no Q&A's posted for this item. Feel free to post a question you have about this item.
|Here are the sub-component parts that make up the Twist Lock Suction with Grip-Lock Arm and AMPS Plate:|
What's Included In The Box?
|The RAM Mount Twist Lock Suction with Grip-Lock Arm and AMPS Plate ships with the following items included:|
||National Products, Inc
||All Purpose Mounts
||Suction Cup Mounts
||November 8, 2007
||December 1, 2007
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the RAM Mount Twist Lock Suction with Grip-Lock Arm and AMPS Plate in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the RAM Mount Twist Lock Suction with Grip-Lock Arm and AMPS Plate.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 2 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Gordon S.
February 4, 2009
EXCELLENT VALUE MOUNTI bought this mount to attach a ~1.5lb high resolution rally competition odometer to my wife's Subaru. I was a littl … More
•Pros: light, cheap, works great
•Cons: plastic, though there's metal versions available
37 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Mick
February 1, 2009
WORKS GREATWorks very well. I traveled from Minnesota to Colorado and back with no problems. I have RAM mounts on my boat, moto … More
•Cons: not legal to use windshield mounts in mn or ca
38 viewers found this helpful.
The RAP-B-166-1 Twist Lock Suction Cup AMPS Plate Mount with Grip-Lock Arm includes a 1 inch diameter ball and socket system with a Plastic Twist Suction Base. This mount is designed to be a universal mounting solution for both RAM and non-RAM designed products that can connect to the RAM AMPS Plate end. The mount is designed with a RAM 1 inch diameter patented rubber ball and socket system, with Grip-Lock, that has adjustment point at the cradle and base. With a twist of the Grip-Lock arm knob, you can move the universal mount to your optimum viewing position.
Mount Plate Design:The RAP-B-347 RAM Mount High Strength Plastic Composite Universal AMPS Plate has a 1.0 inch diameter rubber ball connected at right angles to a rectangular plate. The plate has pre-cast holes in the in each corner which match the industry standard AMPS hole pattern of 1.188 x 1.5 inches. You can find the AMPS hole pattern on the back of many cradles or sometimes built into the back of many electronic devices.
Mount Arm Design:The RAP-B-201-1 Twist Grip RAM Mount Dual Socket Arm is a 1 inch B size Ball Socket Arm made of High Strength Plastic. The arm is 2.0 inches long between socket centers. The side of the arm includes a round grooved tightening nut which allows you to open and close the socket ends.
Mount Base Design:The RAP-B-224-2 RAM Mount High Strength Plastic Twist Lock Suction Cup Base is designed to have an extra strong hold on any smooth non-porous surface. With a twist of the outside cone edge, the suction cup base adheres to any glass╣ or non-porous plastic surface, as found on our Plastic Non Skid Base, Cup Holder Plate and Plastic Adhesive Disk. Built into the top of the suction cup is a 1 inch diameter rubber ball. This ball allows the suction cup to join to an open socket found on any of the RAM 1 inch diameter socket arms.
╣ Important legal note to California and Minnesota Drivers
Suction Cup Vehicle Mounting Alternatives:We currently offer three alternative solutions for mounting your suction cup mount in a location other than a windshield:
- The Super Grip Non Skid Base with round plastic plate, is a weighted base that can be placed on your dash without an adhesive or drilling. Simply place the base on your dash, or any flat surface and then attach the suction cup to the round plastic plate. This is perfect when you want a temporary mounting solution but the windshield mount just isn't the answer.
- The Suction Cup Adhesive Disk with round plastic plate, is a great mounting surface to attach the RAM Twist Lock Suction Cup. Simply stick the the plate to any flat surface and then attach the suction cup to the plate. This is perfect when you need to attach your suction cup mount to your car dash vertically or horizontally, rather than to your windshield.
- The Suction Cup Drink Cup Holder with round plastic plate, is a great mounting surface to attach the RAM Twist Lock Suction Cup. Simply place the base into any cup holder in your vehicle and then attach the suction cup to the plate found on top. This is perfect when you need to attach your suction cup mount away from the windshield or when you just want the mount off the dash.
RAM Grip-Lock Mount Manufacturer's Description:A new twist on a design favorite is on its way. Offering all the adjustability in a more compact design, this new version of the RAM Twist Lock Suction Cup Mount is soon to be holding firm to a windscreen near you. Perfect for any small electronic device, and revolutionary in both design and function, this simple yet elegant mount will hold long and strong in a variety of applications.
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
Twist Lock Suction with Grip-Lock Arm and AMPS Plate features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- Warranty: Manufacturer's Life Time Warranty
- Cradle Design: RAP-B-347 Universal AMPS Plate
- Cradle Material: Black High Strength Plastic Composite
- Mount Material: Black High Strength Plastic Composite/ Rubber Locking Suction Cup
- Mount Ball Size: RAM 1 inch Solid Rubber Ball
- Pivot Point Design: RAM Patented 1 inch Rubber Ball and Socket Joint
- Arm Type: RAM Arm with Dual 1 inch Sockets and Grip-Lock Knob
- Arm Length: Standard length of 3 inches between socket centers
- Base Type: Round 3.25 inch diameter Locking Suction Cup for non-porous surfaces
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
Yampol, May 23/13
|tons of products, great prices...and videos! Thanks|
Timothy K. FL, May 22/13
|Wow, the manufacturers could learn a few things from GPS City! Thoroughly enjoyed the extensive video tutorials and comparisons. I really hope I am as happy with this product as I am with the buying experience at GPS City!|
Wayne S. TN, May 19/13
|Great website. Easy to find & compare products, great prices, fast shipping. Thanks!|
Robb O. OH, May 16/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|Very informative and easy to order|
Normand M. ON, May 13/13