Share your images and get a
free gpscity.com t-shirt!
| (7 customer reviews). Email:
100% of our reviewers recommend this item. See more US GlobalSat items.
||$49.95 (and this item ships for $2.99)
Ships tomorrow, May 22.
||US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS
||Brand New, Full Manufacturer Warranty
||Get a Quick Price Match for this item (during business hours).
|We handcraft videos daily to help you learn more about the functionality of the items we sell. View a list of the GPS City videos. Visit our Youtube channel. Suggest a video via our feedback form.|
|We have not yet produced any videos for the BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS. If you would like to suggest a video for this item, we'd love to hear your suggestion! Please submit your suggestion via our feedback form. We review all suggestions and will do our best to provide a response in a timely manner.|
Questions and Answers (Q&As)
|Got a question about the |
US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS? Click this link to enter your question. No login required. Our tech staff moderates this Q&A and will typically respond within 24 hours (72 hours if a weekend). Visitors are also welcome to chime in at your convenience.
|View the compete list of 7 questions and 8 answers for the US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS in our Q&As.
Or visit our Q&A Home Page.|
|Here are a few of the most recent questions asked by users and customers of the US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS.|
||82 days ago
||unit have battery?
||93 days ago
||COM Port or USB
||99 days ago
||130 days ago
||164 days ago
||Interface requirements to a microprocessor
||225 days ago
||237 days ago
What's Included In The Box?
|The US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS ships with the following items included:|
- BU-353-S4 USB GPS Receiver
- Suction Cup
- CD-ROM (User Manual & GPS Info Test Utility)
||Mobile Computer GPS
||January 2, 2012
||July 1, 2007
Gallery of Customer Images
|Customer submitted images of the US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS in action. You can also view our entire gallery or add your own gallery item. Special limited time offer - get a free t-shirt with every approved submission with pictures.|
There are currently no gallery items for the US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS.
|View all reviews. Or click here to Add Your Own Review. It's quick and easy. No login required.|
|Most recent customer reviews. (View all 7 reviews for this item.)|
Written by Louis-Philippe
February 13, 2013
VERY SENSITIVE GPS RECEIVER THAT WORKS FLAWLESSLYI recommend this USB GPS to everyone because it is not expensive, it is very sensitive (it works inside my house) and it … More
•Pros: works with windows 7 64bits, very sensitive
9 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Allan
October 14, 2012
WINDOWS 8Bought this GPS reciever due to the one that I got with M/S Streets & Trips years ago would not work, even though it … More
•Pros: just works
15 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Anon
September 12, 2012
WIRLESS ACCESS MAPPINGquick access and resolution good definition and seperation of signal strength … More
•Pros: portable, fast resolution
10 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Maltese Falcon
August 20, 2012
BEST GPS RECEIVER I EVER HAD!I received this unit a few days after I ordered it. The transaction was smooth as always. Thanks GPScity for the fas … More
•Pros: acurate, highly sensitive, quick sat reception.
•Cons: magnet a little bit weak compared to other gps rx.
17 viewers found this helpful.
Written by Eric
June 25, 2012
A VERY GOOD GPSWorks perfectly with MS Streets and trips and Mapoint too. it stopped working after excessive heat 2 times (While in … More
•Pros: very good, low price
•Cons: none (take care of excessive heat)
10 viewers found this helpful.
Holux GM-210 GPS with USB
Holux GM-210 USB GPS with PS2
NavRoute HP-505 GPS with USB
US GlobalSat TN-200 GPS with USB
| || |
The BU-353-S4 is a USB GPS receiver that features a highly sensitive, low power consumption chipset in a ultra compact form factor. The BU-353-S4 is powered by a SiRF Star IV GPS chipset, and will provide you with superior performance in urban canyons, and in dense foliage. With the SiRF CGEE (Client Generated Extended Ephemeris) technology, has the capability of predicting satellite positions for up to 3 days in advance, and will deliver a CGEE-start time of less than 15 seconds under most conditions without any network assistance. The bu-353-S4's MicroPower mode allows the receiver to stay in a hot start-like condition almost continuously while consuming very little power.
The BU-353-S4 is suitable for the following applications:
- Automotive navigation
- Personal positioning
- Fleet management
- Mobile phone navigation
- Marine navigation
Features and Tips
|Here is a listing we have put together of some of the common |
BU-353-S4 SiRF Star IV USB Cable GPS features,
along with a few user tips that you may find of help for this particular item.
- SiRF Star IV High Performance GPS chipset - WAAS
- High sensitivity (Tracking Sensitivity: -163 dBm)
- Extremely fast TTFF (Time To First Fix) at low signal level
- Support NMEA 0183 data protocol
- Built-in SuperCap to reserve system data for rapid satellite acquisition
- Built-in patch antenna.
- Super-cohesive magnetic for mounting on the car
- USB interface connection port.
- Waterproof and non-slip on the bottom.
- LED indicator for GPS fix or not fix.
- LED OFF: Receiver switch off
- LED ON: No fix, signal searching
- LED Flashing: Position fixed
- Chipset: SiRF Star IV
- Frequency: N/A
- C/A code: N/Ae
- Channels: 48 channel all-in-view tracking
- Sensitivity: -163 dBm
- Accuracy Position: N/A
- Time: 1us synchronized to GPS time
- GPS Protocol: Default: NMEA 0183 (Secondary: SiRF Binary) SiRF Binary>> Position, Velocity, Altitude, Status and Control
- GPS Output Data: NMEA 0183 MEA V3.0 Protocol and supports command: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG, GLL v2.2 (VTG and GLL are optional), ZDA
- GPS Transfer Rate: Software Command setting (Default: 4800,n,8,1 for NMEA)
- Reacquisition: 0.1 sec., average
- Hot start: 1 sec., average
- Warm start: 35 sec., average
- Cold start: 35 sec., average
- Update Rate: 1Hz
- Altitude: 18,000 meters (60,000 feet) max
- Velocity: 515 meters/second (1000 knots/151 MPH) max
- Acceleration: Less than 4g
- Jerk: 20m/sec
- Operating: -40° ~ 85°C (-40° ~ 185°F)
- Storage: -40° ~ 85°C (-40° ~ 185°F)
- Humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
- Main power input: 4.5V ~ 6.5V DC input
- Current: 55mA Maximum
- Protocol Electrical level: TTL level
- Output voltage level: 0V~2.85V
- Dimension: 2.08" Dia (53mm dia, 19.2mm height)
- USB Cable length: 1,500mm (59")
- Weight: 62.37g (2.2 oz)
There are no specifications currently available for this item.
|(View more comments.)|
|please, keep your sight just the way it is...no need for improvement. i had the easiest experience shopping on your sight, and your prices are the lowest i have seen, this is what keeps shoppers coming back, and your inventory is tops too|
jim m. WI, May 21/13
|Great website. Easy to find & compare products, great prices, fast shipping. Thanks!|
Robb O. OH, May 16/13
|Simple, efficient and fast. Sales customer service responds to questions quickly. Thank You|
Muhammad fazli R. SINGAPO, May 14/13
|You guys had great shipping and I liked being able to read the reviews of your service before I ordered. It put my mind at ease ordering from a company I had not dealt with before. Thanks!|
Captain NoBeard, May 13/13
|Very easy shopping process. I was able to update my details easily|
Eric C. CT, May 12/13
|Your company had all individual parts needed that other did not at a great price! Thank you.. |
Brian J. NH, May 10/13